“Perfect for transitioning a student to St. Edward Univ.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night's a Charm
Ranked #88 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Nashville
“Perfect for transitioning a student to St. Edward Univ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Our room, 501, was in great shape and I felt the hotel was maintained very well. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Friendly prompt service. Breakfast was quite good with everything we could want. As our granddaughter is beginning first year, we will likely stay here many times in the future. Room was clean and comfortable. A very good value in terms of comfort, cleanliness, attractiveness, location, and sense of being welcomed.

• Stayed August 2013
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Springhill Suites Austin South. We appreciate you taking time to write us a pleasant review on our staff and breakfast. The next time you come to Austin we would love have you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

In all honesty this hotel needs a renovation or makeover but the staff kept things tidy with a few issues here or there like I only got conditioner every day housekeeping cleaned my room.
However, my favorite thing about this hotel was the African American lady (I can't remember her name but she told us she was a manager) in the lobby! She isn't actually the concierge but I kept calling her that because she had all of the information, directions, and just everything we needed and wanted in a small hotel. I loved her and I actually felt so bad because she seemed to know everyone's name. Bye Mr this and Hello Mrs that....!

I was there with some friends for a weekend trip to Texas and we had so much fun thanks to her and the other staff was quite nice as well but that lady really made our trip a great one!

Tell her thanks from Christine and friends!

Green Features: paper plates and plastic everything isn't green at all!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Christine, Thank you so much for your time taken to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that your stay was plesant. Im glad Tanya was able to give you information and directions around Austin. Im so sorry to hear that you had some issues with housekeeping. I will inform our housekeeping supervisor immediately. We hope the next time your in Austin you chose to stay with us again!
Ft. Drum, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Location is great, 5 miles from downtown but also southern Austin to allow a quick drive south to attractions down the 35 such as Cabela's and Buck-ees. The hotel is clean and comfortable, but most noticeable is the quality of the staff. Due to work, I stayed here over 3 months and the staff took notable care to make my home away from home comfortable. Tonya Dillard often serves at the check-in counter and is the kind of person I would want representing my business to the world. She is pleasant, knowledgeable, knows the names of guests and is always ready to help with any question. I hope Marriott keeps her around, she represents them well.

Room Tip: As far as parking, be careful not to park under trees. Black birds, grackels, will place quite a bi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such pleasant feedback about your stay. We are so excited to hear that your enjoyed your long term stay. Im glad our staff, especially Tanya, were able to go above and beyond for you. Thank you again for staying with the Springhill Suites and hope you come back the next time you are in Austin.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is in a good location in south Austin and the deal I got was great. The hotel is clean and the rooms are clean. A free continental breakfast is included and was very good. There is a lot of parking but it's all lined with trees which is usually a great thing, however these trees are for lack of a better word "infested" with birds. I had to wash my car every day to get all of the bird mess from messing up the paint. I tried parking in a clear area with no trees on either side of it for 20-30 ft and I still got hammered. The gym was also a little disappointing. It shares a glass wall with the itty bitty pool and the pool shares all of its humidity with the gym. So if you like running with a wet blanket covering your body in 85 degree weather this is the gym for you. Overall the hotel was a great deal for the price, staff was very courteous and even gave us a discount coupon for a neighboring restaurant.

Room Tip: avoid rooms ending in 21-24, they land smack between the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your time taken to let us know how your stay was. We are glad you had a plesant stay and found our breakfast and clean rooms up to your standards. We understand how frustrating the birds can be. Parking is available across the property with spots that are not near the trees. Also, we do offer car wash vouchers to guests who may have had issues with the birds. I apologize for the inconvenience again and hope that you will consider our hotel next time you visit Austin. Thank you again for the review.
Long Sault, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times, including two weeks ago. The hotel is well kept and all of the staff are friendly and sincerely want to help. I friendly smile and hello when they see you is appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such pleasant feedback about your stay. We are pleased that our staff was friendly and attentive. Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites South during your travels to Austin. We look forward to your next visit!
Flower Mound
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night for a college tour, plenty of chain restaurants within a 5 min. drive off I35. Two elevators, which is nice and minimal wait time. Breakfast area is large, plenty of selections including fresh fruit. Very friendly staff.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so please to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again very soon.
Best wishes.
Weston, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at this property on 7/30/13 for one evening and it's probably 20 years old and has never been updated. The bathroom has no ventilation, the rooms looks old and the beds made more sound when you moved then my children on a trampoline. The closet has no door and the holes look patched poorly. Furniture was old and certainly not what you would expect for this Marriott Brand. For what I paid the value to dollar was that of a 2 star motel. Only decent thing I can say was the staff is friendly, and breakfast was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although we are an outdated hotel I am very thankful you enjoyed our service and breakfast. We are hoping to receive a renovation in 2014 and would love to have you back to view the hotel post renovation.
Thank you again for your review and we hope you enjoyed your visit to Austin.

Been to SpringHill Suites Austin South? Share your experiences!