We spent one night here while passing through Austin on our way to San Antonio. We left scratching our heads about several recent negative reviews. Our stay was near perfect. Decent breakfast with lots of options, including fresh fruit. Very helpful and friendly front desk staff. Clean room with none of the problems others have experienced (worn linens, partially empty shampoo, etc).
A bit of a problem getting to the hotel off the freeway, but nothing major...just somewhat inconvenient to access the property. We found the hotel convenient to the South Congress area, though it is more a highway hotel than an in-town destination hotel.
We would gladly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Austin South Hotel Austin
- Springhill Suites Austin South Hotel
- Springhill Suites Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Austin South is located just off IH-35 and is convenient to the airport, Barton Creek Square Mall, and University of Texas, San Marcos Premium Outlets and much more. It is 4 miles from downtown Austin and its many restaurants and entertainment hot-spots. Guest rooms feature separate living/sitting areas, microwaves and mini-fridges, and Marriott luxury bedding. Guests will delight in the complimentary new breakfast buffet, complimentary WiFi and on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your SpringHill Suites Austin South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.