No wow factor but amore than decent hotel that gets a serious lift thanks to the nice and helpful staff including management. The staff was always hepful and management came by over breakfast to say 'hi' and talk to guests staying for longer. We were there for 6 days and had chosen the hotel for the location close to friends, the included breakfast and internet.
The breakfast was more than OK and included waffles, eggs, 2nd hot entree, yogurts, bagels, cereals etc.
The rooms are a bit old fashioned but not really dated - just do not expect a modern Springhill suites. Also the rooms are rather small in this context
The location is quite good for most people: halfway between downtown and the airport close to Hi-35.
Remarks: too few cupboards, hanging space etc; noisy AC and noise from freeway; ants in room problem (on the 6th floor)
Pro's: staff, breakfast, location, price, and inclusiveness of rate
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Austin South Hotel Austin
- Springhill Suites Austin South Hotel
- Springhill Suites Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated SpringHill Suites Austin South is located just off IH-35 and is convenient to the airport, Barton Creek Square Mall, and University of Texas. It is minutes from downtown Austin and its many restaurants and entertainment hot-spots. Guest rooms feature separate living/sitting areas, microwaves and mini-fridges, and Marriott luxury bedding. Guests will delight in the free breakfast, WiFi and on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Austin South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.