“Staff outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Staff outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The amazing staff at this Residence Inn bumps my rating way up. I've never seen anything like it. We stayed for two and a half weeks, and they all went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I'm almost embarrassed by all our requests...I asked about cookies one evening, and they made a fresh batch. I asked about hot chocolate and the young woman in the dining room made a carafe full for me the next day that I shared with the children at the next table. After that I always found hot chocolate near the teas and I was given a full box to take to my room. My husband asked for a night light and they promptly tracked one down.
The hot breakfast was good, but the free hot dinner several nights as well? That I've never seen before. That was a convenience several times. And a basket in our room with free candy, popcorn, detergent, etc. So nice.
The location worked for me, right off highway 35, close to Mopac, and very close to my son and grandchildren.

Room Tip: Our one-bedroom was the same price as a suite. Made it easy for one of us to sleep early.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Good Afternoon Margaret,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am truly grateful that you were able to share your wonderful interactions with our staff on Trip Advisor. I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for all your requests. Many people don’t realize that in the hospitality industry, information is key, and your requests gave us the chance to provide you with the type of stay that you wanted, and after all that really is our goal every day, to provide each and every guest with an experience tailored to what they are looking for in a hotel and its team. We very much enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to seeing you soon (and we will make sure there are plenty of cookies and hot chocolate!). Please feel free to contact me or any member of our team, if there is ever anything you need. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Cordially
Grant D’Entremont
Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Ln

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have stayed at the Residence Inn in North Austin several times for family events. It is just what we expect from Residence Inn. The staff is always helpful and nice. The rooms are clean and well stocked. They have a nice selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Grant D'Entremont
Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have been at this hotel for a month thus far, and am still enjoying its many benefits.

Residence Inn North's staff are miles above the rest. The front desk staff are extremely attentive, always have a smile, and will memorize your last name within only days of your check-in. They go above-and-beyond to make your staff a great one; on a few occasions, they didn't have fresh towels available downstairs, but the front desk staffer personally brought them up when the laundry was done.

With a sizeable population of asian workers staying long-term at the hotel, they have incorporated asian noodles into the breakfast bar downstairs. The manager's social hours downstairs rarely disappoint. This location seems to have a more diverse social hours menu than other Residence Inns I have stayed at.

The location is pretty good...easy to get to from Interstate 35 (take the hotel's namesake exit). It is surrounded by all sorts of shopping and dining, including an H-E-B grocery across the highway. Platinum members will enjoy the marked parking spots near the entrance (2 Platinum Elites, 1 Gold Elite, and 1 Silver Elite, if I recall correctly).

There are plenty of areas around the property (and the adjacent Marriott properties) to walk your dog, including a sizable grass field on the other side of the parking lot from the front entrance. Bring your dogs, enjoy the dog-friendly atmosphere...but please pick up after them. The front desk has small baggies if you failed to bring some.

I have yet to use the workout room, as I usually just go for a run around the various hotel parking lots and vacant muti-story office building parking across the street (well-lit at night, makes for great summer night runs). The laundry room could use another washer and set of dryers, if they have the hook-up capability to do so. The only issue I've had with my room is a dishwasher with a bad door seal. Not a deal-breaker by any means, and I'll bring it to their attention at some point in the future.

Lastly, regarding parking lot security, it is true that there is a fair amount of foot traffic on the adjacent streets, and sometimes less-than-stellar-looking folks cut through the parking lots...but common sense should prevail and that being that you don't leave hundreds of dollars worth of valuables in your car. It's easy to think of a vehicle as some sort of safe-haven...as an extension of the home; documents, electronics, and other valuables are left in plain sight with only thin panes of safety glass between a thief and a trip to the pawn store. Of all the lodgings I have stayed at for business since I began my travelling job 5 years ago (26-ish hotels/motels in 6 states...about 35 months-worth of hotel nights), I have yet to be victimized by a vehicle burglary. Maybe its the fact that I always have a rental car when on business, or that I typically leave only empty fast food cups and the occasional spilled breakfast cereal in the floorboard. But certainly not company equipment nor anything I would have difficulty parting with. The main attractant of vehicle burglars is the GPS devices that folks so prominently display on the windshield or dashboard. Take, Hide, Lock ... or however the saying goes. Don't assume someone else will take care of your stuff - especially if you left it sitting in a parking lot of a metro area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel is nice, but can't figure out how it ascended to be ranked 19th in Austin. It is 11 miles from Austin and location gives a lot to be desired….just kind of "off the road." Close to a mall and numerous chain restaurants. Room was very clean and hotel has been renovated but is dated...much smaller than most Residence Inns, popcorn ceilings, smaller bathroom, and smaller kitchen. Hotel was sold out but on Sunday AM buffet was constantly restocked. Reception staff was very friendly and helpful. My spouse agreed with the "Hard Bed" critiques although they had added a foam mattress pad. For a real Austin experience, we would book a hotel in town, and not “just off the road.”

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Simply stated, we have NO complaints about this location. We chose Austin for our vacation this year and found space available here at very reasonable rates. We had a one bedroom suite and were charged less than half the normal rate. The rooms were huge, clean, and quite comfortable. Our teenaged son had his own spot to stay up all night, we had a separate bedroom to crash in. The bed was comfortable, both rooms had TV's, wireless worked perfectly, and the alarm clock could connect your MP3. The fridge is a bit small if you are someone who carts home lots of leftovers, otherwise it and the microwave worked great. Everyone on staff greeted us and made us feel welcome. The front desk clerk on duty when we checked in remembered our son's first name and greeted him by name every time we passed by the front desk. Housekeeping and maintenance staff were very polite and friendly. The website says Starbucks is available 24/7. There are 3 hot pots in the wifi lounge in the lobby. Coffee is free in the mornings. The rest of the time, those pots are empty. You can call the front desk and for a price they will make you a cup of coffee. Or... you can make your own for free in the coffeemaker in the room. No vending machines, but there is a small, well stocked market by the front desk. We didn't try breakfast or happy hour, but the cafe looked clean, and the patrons we saw there seemed to be enjoying themselves. Perhaps we got the good rate because of the location of this hotel. It is on I-35 and we had no trouble getting from the hotel to any of our destinations. There is a nice fitness center and a small but nice pool. No spa. We would definitely consider this hotel again if we return to Austin.

Room Tip: We check internet travel services as well as the hotel's home page multiple times before booking...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I recnetly had the opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn on N Lamar and it was a exactly what I needed. The rooms was extremely Clean and when I entered it the little radio was set on classical music. That set the tone for the stay. I was there on business and the staff was very knowledgable about their corporate partners and worked hard to make a business travel experience as pleasent as possible. A business partner recomended a restaurant and the Girl behind the front desk google mapped it and printed the directions for me.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
AUSRN, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for your amazing feedback! We truly appreciate your loyalty. Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Dharmesh Bhakta
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I travel 6 days out of a week and often have to go to Austin for business trips. This hotel is by far the BEST hands down. The Staff is very nice! highly trained and super friendly!. My wife and i went to austing for a weekend getaway to Lake Travis and stayed at this place. I had the best experience from the moment we checked in. The rooms are super nice, clean and spacious! My wife is very picky when it comes to bathrooms and when she said "WOW! its really Clean" i knew this was a winner! Great Job Guys! I found a new home when come to Austin which is quiet often!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the excellent review! We strive to provide excellent customer service that will keep our guests coming back! We hope to see you next time you are in Austin.

Dharmesh Bhakta

Been to Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane? Share your experiences!