We stayed for two days. The service was excellent. The room on the 5th floor was fairly quiet although we could hear some traffic from the interstate at night. The room was boring and needs an update. I think the entire hotel is dated and could use a facelift. The price of the room was rather high compared to other Marriott brands and everything seemed to be an extra charge. There is no free breakfast here. The gym room, indoor pool, hot tub and parking garage was a nice feature. The room had a really small coffee maker, refrigerator, safe and flat screen TV that was probably original to the construction of the hotel. The bottle of water in the room was "provided for my convenience, but if consumed it was $3.50" Nice! There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby. I brought in coffee from a nearby restaurant in the morning because I wasn't sure if they were going to charge me if I used the coffee in the room. The one thing that was not good was a q-tip on the floor that was sticking out from under the closet door. It was still there when we returned to the room this afternoon - and the room was cleaned while we were out. Nasty, but not worth complaining to management about. it's still there at checkout time. Again, a good rating for service but flaws that can be typical of any hotel.dropped the score. I wouldn't stay here again because there are other Marriott brands that are a better value.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott South Hotel Austin
- Austin Marriott South Hotel
- Marriott Austin
- Austin Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Austin Marriott South is just a short drive from the State Capitol, Austin’s exciting live music scene on 6th Street, or any downtown attraction. Guest rooms feature a refrigerator, high-speed Internet Access, flat screen TVs, and luxury bedding. The property offers complimentary parking and features an on-site restaurant, the Limestone Lounge & Kitchen, as well as an indoor pool and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Austin Marriott South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.