Stayed here one night last week for business. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. The room was nice and comfortable, nothing special. The front desk clerk originally had me facing the interstate but moved me to a "better view" which was of a construction site.
The concierge lounge was also a nice treat for elite members, and the staff working there were also very friendly.
My only issue (besides the view) was it is not the easiest hotel to find and get to, which you may think is surprising considering it's right off the interstate. It's also an "older" property and some of the decor is a bit outdated, and there are no restaurants within walking distance of this property.
Overall however and nice stay, and I would definitely stay here again if in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott South Hotel Austin
- Austin Marriott South Hotel
- Marriott Austin
- Austin Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Austin Marriott South is just a short drive from the State Capitol, Austin’s exciting live music scene on 6th Street, or any downtown attraction. Guest rooms feature a refrigerator, high-speed Internet Access, flat screen TVs, and luxury bedding. The property offers complimentary parking and features an on-site restaurant, the Limestone Lounge & Kitchen, as well as an indoor pool and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Austin Marriott South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.