“Average hotel close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go.
Ranked #69 of 187 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fremont, California
“Average hotel close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you are catching a very early flight or you arrive late at night, this is a good option to stay for a night. The rooms are very basic and don't offer anything extra. The in-room service was pretty bad: I ordered breakfast and when they delivered it they forgot the silverware. As soon as I noticed I called and they told me they were going to bring it right away. Half an hour passed by and I had to call again and since my omelet was already cold I ask for a fresh one. They finally brought me the silverware with a fresh omelet, but by that time I was already starving. Not impressed with the hotel, but again, the location is pretty convenient for early flights or late arrivals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the comments. I apologize for your experience with room service. We do have some new staff in training and I have shared your experiences with them to help avoid issues like this in the future. I am glad to hear that you prefer our location and hope to see you again so that we may show you our true Hilton service.
Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bulverde, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had to book a flight out in one day and was worried the room would be ridiculously expensive. I was able to book on hotels.com for just over $100 for the night. This is an exception rate for a last minute reservation. The hotel is clean and I love the coffee and tea maker in the room. It was an easy check in and all the staff were friendly and helpful for me.

I will say that the parking is expensive. I ended up leaving my car at the hotel since I was only gone for the day and that was $20 for valet. However, the brothers who work the valet desk were so helpful they didn't make me question it at all. When I stepped off the plane I called the number on the green ticket, they picked everyone up and had our cars waiting for us when we arrived. Extremely well organized. I would definitely stay here again!

Please note as another reviewer said this is in the middle of nowhere but FANTASTIC for flights!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The stay and fly option is great for a hassle free business trip or a quick getaway. Thanks again for the great comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Yuma, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If being secluded from Austin downtown/main attractions, any restaurant or coffee shop, any convenience store, or other life form in general is what you are looking for, this may be the hotel for you. If you like mediocre at best hotel food- this is your place. If you enjoy having the evening front desk staff treat you like you are a supreme inconvenience when the only vending machine in the entire hotel (there is no gift shop) carrying snacks gets stuck dispersing your way overpriced item- this is definitely the place for you. It gets even better for you if you like to be awaken by hysterical, drunk people screaming in the corridors at 2:30 am. The best thing about this hotel was the super comfortable bed and there was one younger gentleman working the front desk that took his job seriously and was full of energy and extremely helpful. The Spa services were so poorly advertised that I didn't realize they offered them until I was checking out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I have discussed your comments with our staff so that we may avoid some of these issues in the future. I know that the malfunctioning vending machine and the loud guests late at night were an inconvenience. I am surprised at the comment about our food as we consistently receive high marks from our guests for our menus however I have spoken with the Chef so that we may identify and correct any issues. While we are located on airport property, we are only 8 miles from downtown Austin, a 15 minute drive via highway 183. Also, the airport flyer picks up right outside the front entrance and has several stops in the downtown area. There is a convenience store located 2 minutes from the hotel just across highway 71. We also have a very convenient coffee shop, located in the center of our lobby, featuring Starbucks coffee, grab and go items, snacks, sodas, over the counter medications and other sundry items. I do apologize that we missed the mark during your stay and hope that you would consider us in the future.
Jason Roberts
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel provides a great nights sleep. Extremely quite and the room is very comfortable. Customer service is lacking and the staff at the front desk needs customer service training right away. The staff at the front desk is also very unfriendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and a good nights sleep. I apologize that our front desk staff did not put their best foot forward during your stay. I have addressed your comments with the staff so that we may avoid this issue in the future. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again.
Ft. Lauderdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I liked how Hilton helped to accomodate stranded airline employee's on my trip home to Florida from CA. It's close to the airport and everyone is friendly and helpful. However be prepared during changes of weather in the fall, transitioning from summer tempertures with cold fronts overnight at the Airport Hilton. By the staff's admission "when it's hot and humid, and then changes overnight with a cold front, the lobby and restraunt take a few days to equalize." Make sure you have sweaters or jackets with you during these times, so you don[t get stuck like I did.

Dear Guest,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your compliments on to our staff for a job well done. We hope to see you again soon.
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I tend to set expectations based on what a property charges hoping that I won't be surprised when I arrive. A $100 room has a different expectation then say a $400 room.

What surprised me is that this property easily exceeded expectations at just over $100/night. It felt like it should be more.

Rooms are clean and quiet. Linens on beds and in bathroom were perfect (duvet on the bed? Yup, 'nuff said).

The architecture of the hotel is unique and impressive. I liked the inner lobby/restaurant which is circled by the rooms. It was spacious and very comfortable. We had an inner facing room that looked into the interior of the hotel, this made for a quiet stay with no airport noise. Just make sure you close the drapes as all inner rooms can be viewed from the lobby area.

Overall, an excellent property for this price range.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
At the Hilton Austin Airport it is our goal to exceed our guests expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our building was formerly the command center for Bergstrom Air Force Base, hence the unique shape. It was nicknamed the “Roundagon” at that time. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you next time you’re in Austin.
Goldthwaite, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The WW II 7th Field Depot Marine Veterans, families, and guests held their 29th annual reunion at the Austin Airport Hilton Sept 26-28, 2013. It was a most enjoyable experience. Reunions have been held all over the US. Several veterans commented that this hotel was the best that has ever been a site for the reunion. Thanks for superior service and hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
We were proud to host your event. It is our pleasure to serve those who have served. I am glad that everyone had a good time and we hope to see all of you back for the 30th reunion! Please extend our thanks and gratitude to the veterans for THEIR superior service.
Jason Roberts

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!