“Excellent Accomidations and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Red, White and Brew
Ranked #52 of 182 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eagle Pass
“Excellent Accomidations and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not only was this a clean, secure, and beautiful hotel, but the staff are all welling to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. They are quick to respond to their guest's needs. The facilities are fantastic and open 24 hours a day except for the swimming pool. Security is every where to be found. Picking up and delivering your care is quick and easy...but most of all friendly and ready to assist.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for all of the great comments. I’ll make sure to share your experience with the staff as a job well done. We hope to see you next time you’re in Austin.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel is in need of updating. The bathroom door had several dents in it. The halls have a musty order to them. It is very convenient for airport travelers, but not for visitors to Austin. There are very few options for meals if you do not have transportation. Hotel restaurant is very slow and overpriced.
Unfortunately, we had a week stay at this hotel for a meeting that was housed at the hotel the last week of July. On the third day of our stay, our room was not cleaned. This was reported to the front desk. The front desk person did not seem overly concerned about the situation; she did not even offer an apology. They clean so thoroughly my razor was disposed of - again no apology.

Room Tip: We had an inside room and did not notice any noise from airplanes landing or taking off.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are continuously updating our product and look forward to many improvements throughout the year. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel.
Clear Lake City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staff was great and friendly, Building unique ....

Pros: close to the airport, great ( tall ceilings) rooms; very comfortable beds. The staff members were great very friendly and prompt. Clean pool and park area as well as a 24 hour gym( open 24 hours). I did not use room service, valet parking, airport shuttle but they do offer them.

Cons: a bit far from downtown, South Austin ... North Austin, the Hwy was under construction so the back ups were really bad and the highest cost parking around the airport.
just to support the fact,
FastPark & Relax was 7.90 per night
the Parking Spot: 4.95
Best parking 14.00 for two days
Hilton Parking 12.00 per night

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are only about a 15 minute drive to downtown Austin via highway 183. Taking that rout avoids all of the construction and puts you in the heart of downtown Austin rather than taking I-35. Because we are on airport property, it is necessary that we keep our parking rates in line with airport parking. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have written several reviews of Hilton properties. All have been very positive (4-5 stars). I had planned to go out for dinner but got involved in work issues and ended up just staying in the hotel. I went down to the restaurant to try to get something for dinner at around 8pm.

I was seated immediately. But it was over 15 minutes before a waiter came to take my order. I ordered a glass of water, a side salad and a cup of soup. After another 20 minutes had passed, another waiter asked me what I was waiting for and I told him. He placed my order shortly thereafter and within 10 minutes I had a glass of water and a salad. I never got the cup of soup. I asked 3 people for my check and (after another 15 minutes) the hostess brought my check which included the soup. I told her that I never got the soup and was going to the bar.

The hostess had the soup removed from my bill and brought it to me at the bar. As soon as I got seated at the bar I ordered a sandwich. Over 30 minutes later, the sandwich showed up. I got back to my room around 10pm. No one was in charge. No one to complain to. It took right around 2 hours for me to get something to eat for dinner.

Shortly after I got up to my room I discovered a HUGE cockroach in the bathtub. Fortunately, it was already dead.

Obviously I give the good ones good reviews. But it comes with the territory that I have to call the bad ones bad when I see them. Needless to say I would NOT recommend staying at the Hilton Austin Airport to anyone anytime soon....

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received in our restaurant. I can assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. We consistently receive excellent reviews on our staff, product and facilities. I appreciate that you have voiced your concerns and they have already been addressed with our restaurant, housekeeping and engineering departments. I do hope that you would consider giving us another opportunity to show you the best of what we offer.
Jason Roberts
Greenfield, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel for business. Proximity to the airport was a real plus! They have shuttles every 5 - 10 minutes back and forth from the hotel, so it was very convenient. The hotel was very clean, and the rooms were HUGE compared to newer hotels. I thought the breakfast buffet was a bit pricey at $15. The treadmills and ellipticals in the fitness room were nice, and it was open 24 hours. Didn't get to use the pool, but it looked good as well. Overall, a great stay!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was taking an early flight back the next morning. I dropped my car and called for a shuttle and the driver was there to pick me up within minutes. It was 104 and I was waiting outside so this was a huge plus. The hotel was spacious and cool inside. My first room was bolted from the inside so I had to go back downstairs get another room. This was backed up to the. Ending machine and looked out onto pool and smoking "garden". At first I thought about going back and asking for another room but decided for one night it wasn't a big deal. I wasn't going to be sleeping in anyway. Neither of those things turned out to be an issue. The room was huge. Bed was super comfy and room was super quiet. I loved the floor to ceiling windows. I slept well and got up early had a shower and went downstairs for the shuttle to the airport which was prompt and easy to catch. I have another trip to Austin soon and I will definitely use again. I did not use the gym or pool or eat food but all things looked on par with other Hilton's I have visited.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that next time you visit that you have the opportunity to enjoy more of the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next stay.
San Antonio,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Two co-workers and I attended a two day conference there. Great hotel,nice rooms with comfortable beds. Housekeeping did a great job and the valet service was quick ,efficient and friendly! Ethean was one of the valet staff and always went the extra mile to smile,greet us promptly and really did a superior job. I would return for another stay at any time !

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind words. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to Ethean. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon.
Jason

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!