I have written several reviews of Hilton properties. All have been very positive (4-5 stars). I had planned to go out for dinner but got involved in work issues and ended up just staying in the hotel. I went down to the restaurant to try to get something for dinner at around 8pm.
I was seated immediately. But it was over 15 minutes before a waiter came to take my order. I ordered a glass of water, a side salad and a cup of soup. After another 20 minutes had passed, another waiter asked me what I was waiting for and I told him. He placed my order shortly thereafter and within 10 minutes I had a glass of water and a salad. I never got the cup of soup. I asked 3 people for my check and (after another 15 minutes) the hostess brought my check which included the soup. I told her that I never got the soup and was going to the bar.
The hostess had the soup removed from my bill and brought it to me at the bar. As soon as I got seated at the bar I ordered a sandwich. Over 30 minutes later, the sandwich showed up. I got back to my room around 10pm. No one was in charge. No one to complain to. It took right around 2 hours for me to get something to eat for dinner.
Shortly after I got up to my room I discovered a HUGE cockroach in the bathtub. Fortunately, it was already dead.
Obviously I give the good ones good reviews. But it comes with the territory that I have to call the bad ones bad when I see them. Needless to say I would NOT recommend staying at the Hilton Austin Airport to anyone anytime soon....
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Austin Airport Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin Airport Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin
- Austin Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location two minutes from the terminal at the Hilton Austin Airport hotel, the only hotel on Austin Bergstrom International Airport grounds. Take the complimentary 24-hour shuttle to the airport and enjoy easy access to downtown Austin with the $1 Airport Flyer service. Settle in a spacious hotel room with modern amenities and complimentary wireless and wired high-speed internet access, or choose a suite with an additional boardroom, fitness room or living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.