“Would have been four stars if not for . . .” 3 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go.
Ranked #72 of 185 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
DarienJim
“Would have been four stars if not for . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

First, let’s hope that the Hilton staff monitors Trip Advisor and follows up on issues. In general this Hilton is a typical nondescript big box hotel catering to corporate offsites and conferences, along with a convenient location to the airport for staff.

Rooms are nice size although bathroom is a little small and cramp. Internet was provided for free. Rooms face inside to large covered courtyard or outside. I asked for a quiet room and was given a second floor interior facing room—big problem: each day airline staff leaving hotel were very loud and given the stone interior of the courtyard, the sound reverbed and woke me up at 530am. My partner had an exterior room and had to listen to airplanes all night and morning landing and taking off. Best suggestion is interior fourth floor.

There is a bar in the middle of the large courtyard and this is a great hangout after a long travel day to bring your iPads and Laptops, grab a drink and catch up on work. There are flat screen TVs scattered throughout the bar and the service was pleasant and efficient. Many of us also had dinner there—I had the fried pork cutlets, which was a recommendation, but I could not recommend the food there. Pretty average.

Now for why I knocked this hotel down one star from what would typically be a four star hotel: lack of quick access to the airport. The only reason I stayed here at the hotel was the shuttle to the airport. I had a 615am flight and was told shuttle runs every 15 minutes, so I choice to stay nearby to allow for some extra sleep before an early flight.

We waited 23 minutes for a shuttle to show and leave at 440am in the morning—door to door it was 28 minutes. For that much time, I could have stayed in Austin, enjoyed the great nightlife, taken a cab and still got to the airport in the same time.

If you are planning on an early departure, factor this wait in.

Room Tip: Inside but 4th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our shuttle service and the quietness of the guest room. We normally receive comments from guests surprised at how quiet the hotel is regarding airplane noise. I apologize that you were misinformed about the shuttle runs. Our shuttle goes to the airport every 20 minutes on the hour and it is no more than a 5 minute trip from our door to the gates. This has been reviewed with both the front desk staff and the valet staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Jason Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The service and amenities are very good but stay away from the restaurant. It is full of flies. My experience has taught me that the presence of flies indicates lack of cleanliness. The tables in the restaurant were not cleaned well, including the salt & pepper shakers. We kept getting dishes that were dirty. They need a better dishwasher detergent or they need to ask their servers to inspect the dishes before putting them out. But, that would be difficult, because the staff was woefully understaffed for the large crowd that we were with (about 100).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.

Gilbert, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Hilton brand has always been my first choice. We have never been disappointed. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The property was comfortable and in a great location that served our needs very well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff treated you well. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went here for business and it is a very nice place. It is a clean, well maintained, new, open and airy place to stay. The staff is Texas Friendly, and they have everything that a business person or a vacationer could need. This isn't the cookie cutter styled hotel, it was a fresh, bright design.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff took good care of you. Your right, we definitely aren’t cookie cutter. The unique design of our hotel is due to the building being a re purposed Air Force command center. Our building used to be the headquarters for the 12th and 14th Air Force from the 70’s through the cold war. Thanks for the nice comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Bastrop, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The overall appearance of the hotel was gorgeous. The amenities were easy to utilize and displayed in a very pleasant manner. I had to call the front desk to get assistance in requesting a movie and someone was at my door in 5 minutes. At check out, I requested to pay for my movie in cash and remove it from my bill. The front desk staff processed my request and I was on my way in 2 minutes. Thank you for such a pleasant, yet short stay. I look forward to returning the Airport Hilton.

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the review! I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I’m glad to hear you had a good experience with us and WE look forward to your return. See you soon!
Rimrock, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

For our first family vacation in many years, I chose this hotel since we were attending the Moto GP race and one son was interested in the downtown music scene. The hotel was an easy commute to the Circuit of Americas on some nice back roads and there was a bus right outside the hotel running to downtown for only $1 each way! The airport location worked great for returning the rental car early since we had a 6 am flight. Room, staff and amenities were excellent and the restaurant and bar were a plus. Many of the Moto GP teams were also staying there and it was fun to actually meet some of the riders off the track. An extra bonus was a nice smoking oasis out by the pool area. The only think I found lacking was a small fridge in the room so I could take out some of the great Austin cuisine for later snacking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I’m so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. I heard the Moto GP race was awesome! I’ll pass along your compliments to the staff, they love to get compliments from our guests. Just so you know for next time, we do have refrigerators available on request. Just let the front desk know and we will be happy to bring one to your room. We hope to see you again next time you’re in town.

Harlingen, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is neat and attractive. The staff are very kind and helpful. There are nice meeting rooms and a nice restraunt. The room curtains do a good job of darkening the room and it is quiet at night.

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Jason Roberts.

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!