First, let’s hope that the Hilton staff monitors Trip Advisor and follows up on issues. In general this Hilton is a typical nondescript big box hotel catering to corporate offsites and conferences, along with a convenient location to the airport for staff.
Rooms are nice size although bathroom is a little small and cramp. Internet was provided for free. Rooms face inside to large covered courtyard or outside. I asked for a quiet room and was given a second floor interior facing room—big problem: each day airline staff leaving hotel were very loud and given the stone interior of the courtyard, the sound reverbed and woke me up at 530am. My partner had an exterior room and had to listen to airplanes all night and morning landing and taking off. Best suggestion is interior fourth floor.
There is a bar in the middle of the large courtyard and this is a great hangout after a long travel day to bring your iPads and Laptops, grab a drink and catch up on work. There are flat screen TVs scattered throughout the bar and the service was pleasant and efficient. Many of us also had dinner there—I had the fried pork cutlets, which was a recommendation, but I could not recommend the food there. Pretty average.
Now for why I knocked this hotel down one star from what would typically be a four star hotel: lack of quick access to the airport. The only reason I stayed here at the hotel was the shuttle to the airport. I had a 615am flight and was told shuttle runs every 15 minutes, so I choice to stay nearby to allow for some extra sleep before an early flight.
We waited 23 minutes for a shuttle to show and leave at 440am in the morning—door to door it was 28 minutes. For that much time, I could have stayed in Austin, enjoyed the great nightlife, taken a cab and still got to the airport in the same time.
If you are planning on an early departure, factor this wait in.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Austin Airport Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin Airport Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin
- Austin Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location two minutes from the terminal at the Hilton Austin Airport hotel, the only hotel on Austin Bergstrom International Airport grounds. Take the complimentary 24-hour shuttle to the airport and enjoy easy access to downtown Austin with the $1 Airport Flyer service. Settle in a spacious hotel room with modern amenities and complimentary wireless and wired high-speed internet access, or choose a suite with an additional boardroom, fitness room or living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.