“Pretty Hotel, good breakfast, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go.
Ranked #71 of 184 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty Hotel, good breakfast, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went here for business and it is a very nice place. It is a clean, well maintained, new, open and airy place to stay. The staff is Texas Friendly, and they have everything that a business person or a vacationer could need. This isn't the cookie cutter styled hotel, it was a fresh, bright design.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff took good care of you. Your right, we definitely aren’t cookie cutter. The unique design of our hotel is due to the building being a re purposed Air Force command center. Our building used to be the headquarters for the 12th and 14th Air Force from the 70’s through the cold war. Thanks for the nice comments and we hope to see you again soon.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bastrop, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The overall appearance of the hotel was gorgeous. The amenities were easy to utilize and displayed in a very pleasant manner. I had to call the front desk to get assistance in requesting a movie and someone was at my door in 5 minutes. At check out, I requested to pay for my movie in cash and remove it from my bill. The front desk staff processed my request and I was on my way in 2 minutes. Thank you for such a pleasant, yet short stay. I look forward to returning the Airport Hilton.

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the review! I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I’m glad to hear you had a good experience with us and WE look forward to your return. See you soon!
Rimrock, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

For our first family vacation in many years, I chose this hotel since we were attending the Moto GP race and one son was interested in the downtown music scene. The hotel was an easy commute to the Circuit of Americas on some nice back roads and there was a bus right outside the hotel running to downtown for only $1 each way! The airport location worked great for returning the rental car early since we had a 6 am flight. Room, staff and amenities were excellent and the restaurant and bar were a plus. Many of the Moto GP teams were also staying there and it was fun to actually meet some of the riders off the track. An extra bonus was a nice smoking oasis out by the pool area. The only think I found lacking was a small fridge in the room so I could take out some of the great Austin cuisine for later snacking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I’m so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. I heard the Moto GP race was awesome! I’ll pass along your compliments to the staff, they love to get compliments from our guests. Just so you know for next time, we do have refrigerators available on request. Just let the front desk know and we will be happy to bring one to your room. We hope to see you again next time you’re in town.

Harlingen, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is neat and attractive. The staff are very kind and helpful. There are nice meeting rooms and a nice restraunt. The room curtains do a good job of darkening the room and it is quiet at night.

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Jason Roberts.
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We typically have our business meetings in the downtown Austin area, but switched over to the Austin Hilton airport this time. The room was very comfortable, not large but very adequate. Nice bedding.....tv/satellite system needs updating. The facilities are small and easy to get around, which was really nice compared to other sprawling facilities. Only ate in the hotel once, for breakfast. Breakfast buffet was reasonably priced and quick. Meeting facilitie were also fine, and the convienence to the airport is a real plus. When last meeting was over, I was through security and at my gate in 10-15 minutes. One very important note.......if you plan to catch a taxi to the downtown area leave plenty of time. Bell hop never did get any of the tons of taxis driving right out front to stop (they were on their way to airport) so we ended up jumping in the hotel shuttle and having them drop us off at airport to get a taxi downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a great location for meetings and business travel being so close to the airport. We hope to see you on your next trip to Austin.
Best regards,
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is located on airport property. The room was very nice with plush beds, which is nice. I was attending the MOTOGP race at circuit of the americas, which is VERY convenient to get to from the hotel. The only down side is that it is kind of isolated from the city of Austin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice comments. We are the closest hotel to the track only about ten minutes away! We make for a great place to stay if your attending a racing event or even a concert. While it does seem like we are off the beaten path, we are only 8 miles from downtown Austin. You can even catch the Airport Flyer right in front of the hotel. It has stops in the entertainment district as well as the university area. Only $2 round trip. Come see us again next time you’re in town!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We decided to take a "staycation" for my husband's birthday and chose this hotel because it was fairly close to home and had a good price for a Sunday night. Checkin was simple and quick. I'm a HHonors member and always enjoy the perks of it at Hilton properties.

The room was a good size. We stayed on the outer rim above the pool and had a nice view of the airport. The bed was big and comfortable. The room did have a very small TV, which surprised me. The bathroom is a little small and kind of had a...not moldy...feel to it. It's hard to explain-I expected a bit larger and more ventilated, perhaps? It was fine for our stay, but had it been long-term, we might have had a problem with it.

We visited the bar and enjoyed good service. Nice, small draft beer selection.

The night was nice and quiet, no airport noise, and when we left in the morning, we enjoyed a fairly decent coffee in our room-always a nice touch.

We will probably stay here again, as the location is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the great comments. I’m glad you and your husband enjoyed your getaway with us. I’ll pass on your compliments to the bar staff. I have also let housekeeping know about the feel of the bathroom so they can take care of it. Please think of us next time you need some time to relax. As an additional amenity, we will soon be featuring spa services in house!
Jason Roberts

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!