“Great vacation experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rimrock, Arizona
“Great vacation experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

For our first family vacation in many years, I chose this hotel since we were attending the Moto GP race and one son was interested in the downtown music scene. The hotel was an easy commute to the Circuit of Americas on some nice back roads and there was a bus right outside the hotel running to downtown for only $1 each way! The airport location worked great for returning the rental car early since we had a 6 am flight. Room, staff and amenities were excellent and the restaurant and bar were a plus. Many of the Moto GP teams were also staying there and it was fun to actually meet some of the riders off the track. An extra bonus was a nice smoking oasis out by the pool area. The only think I found lacking was a small fridge in the room so I could take out some of the great Austin cuisine for later snacking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. I heard the Moto GP race was awesome! I’ll pass along your compliments to the staff, they love to get compliments from our guests. Just so you know for next time, we do have refrigerators available on request. Just let the front desk know and we will be happy to bring one to your room. We hope to see you again next time you’re in town.

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Harlingen, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is neat and attractive. The staff are very kind and helpful. There are nice meeting rooms and a nice restraunt. The room curtains do a good job of darkening the room and it is quiet at night.

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Jason Roberts.
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We typically have our business meetings in the downtown Austin area, but switched over to the Austin Hilton airport this time. The room was very comfortable, not large but very adequate. Nice bedding.....tv/satellite system needs updating. The facilities are small and easy to get around, which was really nice compared to other sprawling facilities. Only ate in the hotel once, for breakfast. Breakfast buffet was reasonably priced and quick. Meeting facilitie were also fine, and the convienence to the airport is a real plus. When last meeting was over, I was through security and at my gate in 10-15 minutes. One very important note.......if you plan to catch a taxi to the downtown area leave plenty of time. Bell hop never did get any of the tons of taxis driving right out front to stop (they were on their way to airport) so we ended up jumping in the hotel shuttle and having them drop us off at airport to get a taxi downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a great location for meetings and business travel being so close to the airport. We hope to see you on your next trip to Austin.
Best regards,
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is located on airport property. The room was very nice with plush beds, which is nice. I was attending the MOTOGP race at circuit of the americas, which is VERY convenient to get to from the hotel. The only down side is that it is kind of isolated from the city of Austin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice comments. We are the closest hotel to the track only about ten minutes away! We make for a great place to stay if your attending a racing event or even a concert. While it does seem like we are off the beaten path, we are only 8 miles from downtown Austin. You can even catch the Airport Flyer right in front of the hotel. It has stops in the entertainment district as well as the university area. Only $2 round trip. Come see us again next time you’re in town!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We decided to take a "staycation" for my husband's birthday and chose this hotel because it was fairly close to home and had a good price for a Sunday night. Checkin was simple and quick. I'm a HHonors member and always enjoy the perks of it at Hilton properties.

The room was a good size. We stayed on the outer rim above the pool and had a nice view of the airport. The bed was big and comfortable. The room did have a very small TV, which surprised me. The bathroom is a little small and kind of had a...not moldy...feel to it. It's hard to explain-I expected a bit larger and more ventilated, perhaps? It was fine for our stay, but had it been long-term, we might have had a problem with it.

We visited the bar and enjoyed good service. Nice, small draft beer selection.

The night was nice and quiet, no airport noise, and when we left in the morning, we enjoyed a fairly decent coffee in our room-always a nice touch.

We will probably stay here again, as the location is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the great comments. I’m glad you and your husband enjoyed your getaway with us. I’ll pass on your compliments to the bar staff. I have also let housekeeping know about the feel of the bathroom so they can take care of it. Please think of us next time you need some time to relax. As an additional amenity, we will soon be featuring spa services in house!
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

No panache, not made to feel welcome, dingy room. The restaurant had few options and was slow. The waitress was very sarcastic. I stay at hotels a lot as a frequent traveler. this hotel just did not match my idea of a business hotel I would return to.

Dear Guest,
I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Our standards are very high in regards to cleanliness and service so I have passed along your comments to our housekeeping and restaurant managers to address these issues. I do hope that you would consider us in the future.
Ivyland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times. We like the convenience of being at the airport as we can relax shortly after arriving into Austin. It is a circular hotel with an open interior. The restaurant functions well and we were happy with the service there. I did not utilize the bar so I cannot speak to that. There are two sets of elevators on opposite sides of the circular structure. You will quickly realize which is closest to your room as you can cut across on the ground floor to get to the bank of elevators closest to your room.

They do have a heated outdoor pool. I swam in it and it was warm enough in early April. It's small but not too small. There is also an outdoor hot tub. The pool had a large amount of detritus in it but this was during the spring when the trees are dropping flowers and budding so I was not surprised. Also a violent storm had come through just prior to my arrival. It was clean otherwise. The shuttle does run every 20 minutes on the hour, 20 after and 40 after. Also, when at the airport, just call the hotel to have the shuttle pick you up.

The rooms were nice. I had interior rooms only during my stays. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms were nice enough. There is no free parking, it's either valet or self-park. The front desk staff seemed pleasant and professional and answered our questions with knowledge.

I did get violently sick at this hotel. I am guessing it was from a outdoor cookout that I went to at a facility I was visiting in Liberty Hill, TX but I will never be sure. The hotel found an unoccupied room for us and allowed us to finish our sleep there. This was the worst food poisoning I ever had. So I am quite happy with this hotel. They accommodated me and my wife with no complaints. It's by the airport so most would choose this hotel because of it's convenience to the airport. There is a business lounge where you can print your boarding passes. There is a small store where you can get simple snacks and replace toiletries and other items. All of these facilities are on the first floor in the middle atrium area except for the business lounge which is in the rim area. The conference facilities are mostly in the 1st basement level. I never had a need to go there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a return guest. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of our amenities.
In addition we will soon be adding spa services to our amenity list. We hope that you can enjoy them on your next stay. I will pass along your compliments to the staff. They always enjoy compliments from our guests. I am sorry to hear that you were not feeling well but I’m glad we took good care of you. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Jason Roberts

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!