“Had to Stay there” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, United States
“Had to Stay there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

No panache, not made to feel welcome, dingy room. The restaurant had few options and was slow. The waitress was very sarcastic. I stay at hotels a lot as a frequent traveler. this hotel just did not match my idea of a business hotel I would return to.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Our standards are very high in regards to cleanliness and service so I have passed along your comments to our housekeeping and restaurant managers to address these issues. I do hope that you would consider us in the future.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ivyland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times. We like the convenience of being at the airport as we can relax shortly after arriving into Austin. It is a circular hotel with an open interior. The restaurant functions well and we were happy with the service there. I did not utilize the bar so I cannot speak to that. There are two sets of elevators on opposite sides of the circular structure. You will quickly realize which is closest to your room as you can cut across on the ground floor to get to the bank of elevators closest to your room.

They do have a heated outdoor pool. I swam in it and it was warm enough in early April. It's small but not too small. There is also an outdoor hot tub. The pool had a large amount of detritus in it but this was during the spring when the trees are dropping flowers and budding so I was not surprised. Also a violent storm had come through just prior to my arrival. It was clean otherwise. The shuttle does run every 20 minutes on the hour, 20 after and 40 after. Also, when at the airport, just call the hotel to have the shuttle pick you up.

The rooms were nice. I had interior rooms only during my stays. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms were nice enough. There is no free parking, it's either valet or self-park. The front desk staff seemed pleasant and professional and answered our questions with knowledge.

I did get violently sick at this hotel. I am guessing it was from a outdoor cookout that I went to at a facility I was visiting in Liberty Hill, TX but I will never be sure. The hotel found an unoccupied room for us and allowed us to finish our sleep there. This was the worst food poisoning I ever had. So I am quite happy with this hotel. They accommodated me and my wife with no complaints. It's by the airport so most would choose this hotel because of it's convenience to the airport. There is a business lounge where you can print your boarding passes. There is a small store where you can get simple snacks and replace toiletries and other items. All of these facilities are on the first floor in the middle atrium area except for the business lounge which is in the rim area. The conference facilities are mostly in the 1st basement level. I never had a need to go there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a return guest. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of our amenities.
In addition we will soon be adding spa services to our amenity list. We hope that you can enjoy them on your next stay. I will pass along your compliments to the staff. They always enjoy compliments from our guests. I am sorry to hear that you were not feeling well but I’m glad we took good care of you. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Pretty good place.

Did not have toothbrush or toothpaste.

Nice circular design.

Good service and good staff. not loud at all. quick drive to downtown. good price. must pay for parking (but the barrier was not working or something). ($12/ per day)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the comments! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff treated you well.
If you ever need any amenities like tooth brush, tooth paste or comb just let us know. Our housekeepers will be happy to bring them to you free of charge.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good Hotel, staff was friendly, rooms clean, bartender was great, and so were valet people.

Hotel was nice, but it didnt wow me. I would stay here again. Good location to the Circuits of America and downtown.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad to hear that our folks took good care of you. We look forward to your next stay.
Jason Roberts.
Buna, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for a medical conference and found the rooms to be comfortable, clean and updated. I ate both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant, which was very good. The lounge area was comfortable and modern. The conference rooms were clean, seating arrangements appropriate and buffet style meals were also good!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive feedback! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your conference. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the Chef.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Austin Airport for a conference this past weekend and was very impressed. I was concerned about the airplane noise but heard none. The hotel has a beautiful, open lobby area and nice rooms. I ate both lunch and dinner there and was pleasantly surprised at their accomodations to my dietary requests (I eat vegan). I highly recommend this hotel!

Dear Guest,
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your conference and your stay with us. We are always happy to accommodate any dietary needs. We actually have quite a few Vegetarian and Vegan items on our menu as well as Gluten Free options. We also have a great Farm to Table focused menu in our restaurant with many healthy options. We hope to see you soon!
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

You would be better getting a hotel in town. I booked this hotel as it was close to the airport and I was flying out early and as a Hilton, I expected a certain level of quality. That was a mistake.

Do not be fooled (as I was) by the airport website, that indicates that this hotel is connected to the airport, it is not. You have to get a shuttle to and from the airport. Having discovered this, I decided to drive my rental car to the hotel, check in and then take the car to the Car Rental Facility. There is no place to park you car for a short time while you check in. Your options are, to park you car ($12/day) or Valet park it ($20/day).

I went down to eat dinner at the lounge. Again, a mistake. the bartender was amateur, and that is about the most politically correct description I can use. Less than 25 people in the bar area and he was complaining to everyone (very vocally) how he was swamped. Service took forever, not just for me, but for all customers. He constantly forgot his orders. He ignored people trying to get his attention. He ever had to get people from the restaurant to come pour wine for their diners at the restaurant.

The room, while spacious, is sparse, with a small TV, poor lighting, and a very moldy bathroom.

Called the front desk for information about the shuttle to the airport and the phone was not answered. Called back and asked when the bus leaves in the morning. Was told "The first bus leaves at 4.30am." Not what I asked for. I asked again at what times the bus left and was told it left "regularly". Third time I got an answer "every 20 minutes". After the 4th try I confirmed that it leaves every 20 mins on the hour, 20 past and 40 past.

This hotel has great potential, but ends up being a black mark on the reputation of the Hilton Brand. Even as a Hilton Garden Inn, I would judge it as poor.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.