“My 4th stay and my last” 2 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go.
Ranked #74 of 184 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“My 4th stay and my last”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I respect it is South by Southwest - But I don't respect poor service and quality for no reason. We had room 483 the room needs attention quickly. Shower controls are not working right, ac make loud banks every 15 minutes, room was dirty when we checked in (hotel full). The service for breakfast was awful, more staff than guests and one on to serve us. 3 people asked if we wanted coffe and juice and finally some lady asked again and got it - the same person should put as much effort in to serving as she did the check. I got the check before the food! Business center computers don't work. I have stayed at this hotel four times before and this is my last.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that we did not live up to our standards on your recent stay. We have addressed the issues with the shower controls and the air conditioner in room 483. As well, I have addressed the service issues you experienced with our restaurant staff. We are currently transitioning from a third party business center operator to the new Hilton Connectivity Station which will offer complimentary services. During this transition we have a complimentary computer with internet connectivity and printing located next to the front desk for our guest’s convenience. Please accept my apologies for missing the mark on this stay. We do hope to see you again.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Alameda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel a lot and I usually stay at Starwood hotels, but while at SXSW this year i stayed at the Hilton Austin Airport. The receptionist wasn't very nice and she looked like she had just got out of bed and was bothered by having to check me in. I was there four nights total. Two of the three nights I order wine to my room after midnight (which is when they stop serving room service) with no problem. But the last night when i called, the told me that they could only sell me half bottle or full bottle. i explained that i got just a glass in previous nights, and she argued with me that this was not possible. This people are very unprofessional and not very nice. This is not a hotel I would want to stay at again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry about the service you received on your last night with us. I have addressed these issues with our staff as well as conducted a retraining on the available items for our late night service.
Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed two nights for a conference. I couldn't imagine why the conference would be there, but it turned out the meeting rooms were very nice. The temperature was normal - not always something you can count on in a hotel meeting room - and they had good snacks & drinks. I spent two nights and the room was very comfortable and clean. My only complaint there is that even with all of the lamps on it seemed dark in the room. The cleaning staff were especially friendly. Unfortunately, this hotel isn't near anything other than the airport, so there really isn't a reason to stay there unless you are catching a flight.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your conference and your stay with us. We use CFL light bulbs in all of our rooms in an effort to conserve energy. These bulbs take a few minutes to reach their full brightness. Our interior rooms facing the lobby do seem a little dimmer because they don’t get as much sunlight. We are looking at using LED lights in these rooms to brighten them up a bit. While it seems that we are off the beaten path, our hotel is only a 10 minute drive to downtown. There is also the Airport Flyer, a shuttle that picks up and drops off right in front of the hotel. It’s an easy way to get downtown or to the university and only costs $2 round trip. Thanks for the compliments and we look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards,
College Station, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice place to stay if you are catching an early flight and have to drive some distance to this airport. The staff are great and rooms excellent. It's a quick shuttle ride to the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel for airport convenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for the compliments! Our shuttle service makes for an easy early morning flight. We pride ourselves on offering great service so I’m happy to hear that the staff took good care of you.
Next time your with us I hope you get the chance to enjoy some of our other amenities like our salt water pool and our restaurant with a farm to table menu.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Fort Hood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It's a beautiful hotel, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and it is very convenient with the shuttles to the airport. However, I wish they provided discounts for Active Duty Army. It gets expensive having my fiancé fly down every 3 months and staying in that hotel so I can make sure she has no issues with her flight home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments. We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We do offer the standard Government Rate for all Active Duty Military. Please call the hotel directly and we will be happy to take care of you. We thank you for your service to our country.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent one night here while visiting Austin. The hotel is decent, clean... your typical (aging) Airport Hilton. Free wifi an added bonus. Check-in super fast and efficient. A note on the bed explaining that the bedsheets were not crispy because the pressing machine was down bemused me. Carpet showed its age.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping department takes a lot of pride in what they do, so whenever there is a hitch in operations they like to let the guests know. Complimentary wifi is just a small part of what we have to offer. We have a beautiful saltwater pool and spa and a fitness room with brand new workout equipment. Our lounge in the center of the atrium lobby has a great selection of local craft brews on draught, spirits distilled here in Austin as well as a full wine list. Our restaurant offers a full menu featuring local and sustainable ingredients as well as ingredients from our own courtyard gardens. Next time your with us I hope you have the time to take advantage of all we have to offer.
We look forward to your next stay!
Weatherford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I love this hotel. I have stayed here often and would definitely go again. Rooms are neat and well arranged for the business traveler. Lobby is open and well appointed. Close to airport with good shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice review. Our proximity to the airport and our shuttle service makes it super convenient for the business traveler. We look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!