“Great hotel, little services for Active Duty Military” 4 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go.
Ranked #67 of 183 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Hood, Texas
“Great hotel, little services for Active Duty Military”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It's a beautiful hotel, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and it is very convenient with the shuttles to the airport. However, I wish they provided discounts for Active Duty Army. It gets expensive having my fiancé fly down every 3 months and staying in that hotel so I can make sure she has no issues with her flight home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments. We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We do offer the standard Government Rate for all Active Duty Military. Please call the hotel directly and we will be happy to take care of you. We thank you for your service to our country.

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent one night here while visiting Austin. The hotel is decent, clean... your typical (aging) Airport Hilton. Free wifi an added bonus. Check-in super fast and efficient. A note on the bed explaining that the bedsheets were not crispy because the pressing machine was down bemused me. Carpet showed its age.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping department takes a lot of pride in what they do, so whenever there is a hitch in operations they like to let the guests know. Complimentary wifi is just a small part of what we have to offer. We have a beautiful saltwater pool and spa and a fitness room with brand new workout equipment. Our lounge in the center of the atrium lobby has a great selection of local craft brews on draught, spirits distilled here in Austin as well as a full wine list. Our restaurant offers a full menu featuring local and sustainable ingredients as well as ingredients from our own courtyard gardens. Next time your with us I hope you have the time to take advantage of all we have to offer.
We look forward to your next stay!
Weatherford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I love this hotel. I have stayed here often and would definitely go again. Rooms are neat and well arranged for the business traveler. Lobby is open and well appointed. Close to airport with good shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice review. Our proximity to the airport and our shuttle service makes it super convenient for the business traveler. We look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

great Hotel- Very close to the airport--Love the staff-perfect all the way around-Rooms are quite despite facing the inside restaurants and bar-Shuttle every 15min to the Airport-less 5min away--
They only complaint I have is the floor in the lobby area-They built it with rocks that are uneven -
So when pulling your bags or luggage -you wheels make a lot of wheel noise-but..Love the Hotal overall!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the compliments. We pride ourselves on our service and staff. We are always willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. We can’t wait to see you again.
Best Regards
Centerville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was staying here as part of a work trip. It mostly has the amenities I expect at a Hilton. The facilities and rooms were nice enough. Fairly large rooms. The restaurant was painfully slow. I ate there a couple of times. My group was one of two at the restaurant and it still took the waitress a good 20 minutes to even take our drink orders. The rest of the experience was equally slow, especially considering we were the only people at the restaurant. Maybe they were just too busy with room service. It was crazy. There aren't other eating options at the hotel or nearby, so I had breakfast there again the next day. The location works well if you just need a place to crash overnight before taking a flight, but it's not by anything but the airport. It is an interesting layout: round building with rooms on the exterior of the circle and a bar and restaurant in the center. There are also conference facilities that worked well for our group.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we did not provide you with excellent service in our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our staff to help avoid situations like this in the future.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay otherwise. While we are a little off the beaten path, we are only ten minutes from downtown Austin. The airport flyer is a convenient way to get out and see the sites of Austin and has stops in downtown as well as the University of Texas. It is only $2 round trip and picks up just in front of the hotel. We look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards,
Jason
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was probably my 4th or 5th stay at this location over a few years, I am a Hilton Diamond member and checked in on-line which allows me to select my room. Upon check in I was given my room key. The front desk staff did not acknowledge my diamond amenities but I figured they would be available in the room. Upon getting to my room and opening the door, the lights are on and there is open luggage in the room. Fortuately I did not encounter the folks who were using that room. I had to go back to the front desk and inform them that they have checked 2 people into the same room. No apology or concern was noted, just a shrug and handed over a new key.
I had an early flight so I could not have used the complimentary breakfast offered to Diamond members but would have appreciated the offer and other amenities that are typically offered. I also did not have a bill in my room so I'm guessing it was delivered to the other room? I got a copy of my bill off the internet to see that I was charged for valet parking which I didn't use. As the front desk girls never said more than 2 words to me in 2 trips to the desk I can only guess that I was charged for the parking for the people they checked into my original room. I have called the hotel twice to clear up and end up on hold or transferred to someone offsite who then tells me I have to call the hotel. Just a bit frustrating.
I believe this stay to be an anomoly but think they need to work with their front desk staff a bit on how to handle these types of situations. It's upsetting to walk into someone elses room, thankfully I didn't encounter the guests and I didn't make a big fuss at the desk but some type of concern or apology would have been appreciated.
Otherwise the location, rooms & cleanliness is always very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with us on your last stay. I have shared this with our staff to ensure that we do not make the same mistakes again. As you know, your recent experiences do not meet the standards that we hold ourselves to or that you expect of us.
Please feel free to contact me at
512 385 6767 if you would like to share anything more.
Director of Operations
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were amazed at how quiet this hotel is considering it is basically on the doorstep to the Austin Bergstrom airport. We arrived just before the restaurant was scheduled to close and they were very accommodating in preparing us an evening meal. The room was larger than many hotel rooms we have stayed in. The Hilton shuttle driver knew we had a rental car booked in the morning and recommended we just take the shuttle back to the airport. We were dropped off in front of the car rental agency. Excellent friendly service was offered from check-in to check-out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We are happy to hear that we took good care of you. I’ll make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. We are the closest hotel to the airport, just a 2 minute ride to the terminal and our shuttle makes it that much easier to spend the night and catch a flight.
We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!