“Hilton Austin stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Hilton Austin stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

great Hotel- Very close to the airport--Love the staff-perfect all the way around-Rooms are quite despite facing the inside restaurants and bar-Shuttle every 15min to the Airport-less 5min away--
They only complaint I have is the floor in the lobby area-They built it with rocks that are uneven -
So when pulling your bags or luggage -you wheels make a lot of wheel noise-but..Love the Hotal overall!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks for the compliments. We pride ourselves on our service and staff. We are always willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. We can’t wait to see you again.
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Centerville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was staying here as part of a work trip. It mostly has the amenities I expect at a Hilton. The facilities and rooms were nice enough. Fairly large rooms. The restaurant was painfully slow. I ate there a couple of times. My group was one of two at the restaurant and it still took the waitress a good 20 minutes to even take our drink orders. The rest of the experience was equally slow, especially considering we were the only people at the restaurant. Maybe they were just too busy with room service. It was crazy. There aren't other eating options at the hotel or nearby, so I had breakfast there again the next day. The location works well if you just need a place to crash overnight before taking a flight, but it's not by anything but the airport. It is an interesting layout: round building with rooms on the exterior of the circle and a bar and restaurant in the center. There are also conference facilities that worked well for our group.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we did not provide you with excellent service in our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our staff to help avoid situations like this in the future.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay otherwise. While we are a little off the beaten path, we are only ten minutes from downtown Austin. The airport flyer is a convenient way to get out and see the sites of Austin and has stops in downtown as well as the University of Texas. It is only $2 round trip and picks up just in front of the hotel. We look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards,
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was probably my 4th or 5th stay at this location over a few years, I am a Hilton Diamond member and checked in on-line which allows me to select my room. Upon check in I was given my room key. The front desk staff did not acknowledge my diamond amenities but I figured they would be available in the room. Upon getting to my room and opening the door, the lights are on and there is open luggage in the room. Fortuately I did not encounter the folks who were using that room. I had to go back to the front desk and inform them that they have checked 2 people into the same room. No apology or concern was noted, just a shrug and handed over a new key.
I had an early flight so I could not have used the complimentary breakfast offered to Diamond members but would have appreciated the offer and other amenities that are typically offered. I also did not have a bill in my room so I'm guessing it was delivered to the other room? I got a copy of my bill off the internet to see that I was charged for valet parking which I didn't use. As the front desk girls never said more than 2 words to me in 2 trips to the desk I can only guess that I was charged for the parking for the people they checked into my original room. I have called the hotel twice to clear up and end up on hold or transferred to someone offsite who then tells me I have to call the hotel. Just a bit frustrating.
I believe this stay to be an anomoly but think they need to work with their front desk staff a bit on how to handle these types of situations. It's upsetting to walk into someone elses room, thankfully I didn't encounter the guests and I didn't make a big fuss at the desk but some type of concern or apology would have been appreciated.
Otherwise the location, rooms & cleanliness is always very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with us on your last stay. I have shared this with our staff to ensure that we do not make the same mistakes again. As you know, your recent experiences do not meet the standards that we hold ourselves to or that you expect of us.
Please feel free to contact me at
512 385 6767 if you would like to share anything more.
Jason Roberts
Director of Operations
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were amazed at how quiet this hotel is considering it is basically on the doorstep to the Austin Bergstrom airport. We arrived just before the restaurant was scheduled to close and they were very accommodating in preparing us an evening meal. The room was larger than many hotel rooms we have stayed in. The Hilton shuttle driver knew we had a rental car booked in the morning and recommended we just take the shuttle back to the airport. We were dropped off in front of the car rental agency. Excellent friendly service was offered from check-in to check-out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We are happy to hear that we took good care of you. I’ll make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. We are the closest hotel to the airport, just a 2 minute ride to the terminal and our shuttle makes it that much easier to spend the night and catch a flight.
We hope to see you again soon!
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My airline cancelled ...I called the Hilton the 'old fashioned way' after way to many attempts on Hotels/Hotwire. The Hilton direct offered the best deal. This was interesting.

My evening was spent enjoying a few glasses of wine and great crab cakes.
My server Emily was so sweet!

I was offered a late checkout... I am very pleased that my 'trip disaster' ended up at this Hilton...Not so Bad!

Room Tip: This is a large airport hotel. All rooms appear to be equal ....quiet and a bit away from the runway...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the compliments! I’m glad to hear that we were able to make a bad situation better. That’s really what we’re here for, to be a home away from home. We would love to see you next time you’re in Austin.
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at the HIlton Hotel at the airport in Austin. It is the closest hotel to the airport and only took us about 2 minutes the next morning to get to the departure door of the airport. t was so quiet in the room, you would never know that the airport was right next door- the room was a little small, beds were comfortable. Did not use any of the services at the hotel as it was a late check in and left first thing hin the morning. It is a large circular hotel, with the bar and restaurant on the first floor completely open atrium style. Very large lobby, clean and friendly- There is a charge for parking both for valet and self park- Would stay again if need quick access to the airport

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We do make for a quick and convenient stay before an early morning flight.
Hopefully you will have the chance to try our restaurant and bar on your next stay.
See you Soon!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great stay at this hotel!

Room was large, and well appointed, but could use better lighting.

$12 for overnight self-parking is a bit ridiculous.

Very quiet and comfortable with a friendly staff.

What sets this hotel apart is the food at Creeks restaurant. Locally sourced and well prepared, this was certainly the highlight of my trip. Only miss was the dinner rolls, which seemed like frozen Pillsbury, but other than that, all was very tasty!

If you must stay at the airport, then you must stay here!

Room Tip: Eat @ Creeks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I love to hear good comments about our restaurant. We have put a lot of hard work into a creative local menu. We even have our own gardens in our courtyard where we grow our own herbs and vegetables. Sorry to hear about the rolls, we have a really good Portuguese roll but must have run short. We’ll have them hot for you on your next visit!
Jason

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!