“Repeat customer, not the best stay this time.” 3 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go.
Ranked #73 of 187 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“Repeat customer, not the best stay this time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was probably my 4th or 5th stay at this location over a few years, I am a Hilton Diamond member and checked in on-line which allows me to select my room. Upon check in I was given my room key. The front desk staff did not acknowledge my diamond amenities but I figured they would be available in the room. Upon getting to my room and opening the door, the lights are on and there is open luggage in the room. Fortuately I did not encounter the folks who were using that room. I had to go back to the front desk and inform them that they have checked 2 people into the same room. No apology or concern was noted, just a shrug and handed over a new key.
I had an early flight so I could not have used the complimentary breakfast offered to Diamond members but would have appreciated the offer and other amenities that are typically offered. I also did not have a bill in my room so I'm guessing it was delivered to the other room? I got a copy of my bill off the internet to see that I was charged for valet parking which I didn't use. As the front desk girls never said more than 2 words to me in 2 trips to the desk I can only guess that I was charged for the parking for the people they checked into my original room. I have called the hotel twice to clear up and end up on hold or transferred to someone offsite who then tells me I have to call the hotel. Just a bit frustrating.
I believe this stay to be an anomoly but think they need to work with their front desk staff a bit on how to handle these types of situations. It's upsetting to walk into someone elses room, thankfully I didn't encounter the guests and I didn't make a big fuss at the desk but some type of concern or apology would have been appreciated.
Otherwise the location, rooms & cleanliness is always very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with us on your last stay. I have shared this with our staff to ensure that we do not make the same mistakes again. As you know, your recent experiences do not meet the standards that we hold ourselves to or that you expect of us.
Please feel free to contact me at
512 385 6767 if you would like to share anything more.
Jason Roberts
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were amazed at how quiet this hotel is considering it is basically on the doorstep to the Austin Bergstrom airport. We arrived just before the restaurant was scheduled to close and they were very accommodating in preparing us an evening meal. The room was larger than many hotel rooms we have stayed in. The Hilton shuttle driver knew we had a rental car booked in the morning and recommended we just take the shuttle back to the airport. We were dropped off in front of the car rental agency. Excellent friendly service was offered from check-in to check-out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We are happy to hear that we took good care of you. I’ll make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. We are the closest hotel to the airport, just a 2 minute ride to the terminal and our shuttle makes it that much easier to spend the night and catch a flight.
We hope to see you again soon!
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My airline cancelled ...I called the Hilton the 'old fashioned way' after way to many attempts on Hotels/Hotwire. The Hilton direct offered the best deal. This was interesting.

My evening was spent enjoying a few glasses of wine and great crab cakes.
My server Emily was so sweet!

I was offered a late checkout... I am very pleased that my 'trip disaster' ended up at this Hilton...Not so Bad!

Room Tip: This is a large airport hotel. All rooms appear to be equal ....quiet and a bit away from the runway...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the compliments! I’m glad to hear that we were able to make a bad situation better. That’s really what we’re here for, to be a home away from home. We would love to see you next time you’re in Austin.
Jason
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at the HIlton Hotel at the airport in Austin. It is the closest hotel to the airport and only took us about 2 minutes the next morning to get to the departure door of the airport. t was so quiet in the room, you would never know that the airport was right next door- the room was a little small, beds were comfortable. Did not use any of the services at the hotel as it was a late check in and left first thing hin the morning. It is a large circular hotel, with the bar and restaurant on the first floor completely open atrium style. Very large lobby, clean and friendly- There is a charge for parking both for valet and self park- Would stay again if need quick access to the airport

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We do make for a quick and convenient stay before an early morning flight.
Hopefully you will have the chance to try our restaurant and bar on your next stay.
See you Soon!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great stay at this hotel!

Room was large, and well appointed, but could use better lighting.

$12 for overnight self-parking is a bit ridiculous.

Very quiet and comfortable with a friendly staff.

What sets this hotel apart is the food at Creeks restaurant. Locally sourced and well prepared, this was certainly the highlight of my trip. Only miss was the dinner rolls, which seemed like frozen Pillsbury, but other than that, all was very tasty!

If you must stay at the airport, then you must stay here!

Room Tip: Eat @ Creeks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I love to hear good comments about our restaurant. We have put a lot of hard work into a creative local menu. We even have our own gardens in our courtyard where we grow our own herbs and vegetables. Sorry to hear about the rolls, we have a really good Portuguese roll but must have run short. We’ll have them hot for you on your next visit!
Jason
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Even thought this was an airport hotel it was very clean and quiet. I will say that it is a bit of a slap in the face for them to dig in your wallet for parking after you committed to staying with them. As for the breakfast I enjoyed it but was a bit concerned with the temperature of the food on the buffet but thankfully you can order your food freshly prepared. Room was clean and comfortable. Traveler tip....Book it on Hotwire.

Room Tip: Book it on Hotwire. It is the only 4 star at the airport.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I’m glad to hear that you had a relaxing stay. As a full service Hilton we offer the Hilton breakfast buffet as well as a full breakfast menu made to order. Being on Airport property , we do charge for parking. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stay at alot of "Airport Hotels", and this is one of the nicest, and was a pretty good value for the price. It is a full service Hilton with Room Service, valet parking, restraunt/bar, etc. Rooms were updated and very clean.

The hotel is laid out like a mini-Gaylord resort, with the rooms along the outside in a giant circle, and a glass covered atrium in the middle.

The only small complaint is that you have to pay for parking, and the self parking can be far away from the front desk (and getting in and out of the lot is not free). Still, they have an airport shuttle, so you dont need a car. They also have shakey wi-fi in the room, and encourage you to use their "wired" internet at a cost.

Overall, this is very nice hotel with good service and a super conveinient location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have just recently installed wi-fi throughout the building and have been tweaking the signal strengths to achieve the optimum performance so I apologize for the inconvience. Just to let you know, all of the public space and guest room internet is complimentary so feel free to plug in if you need to .
We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Been to Hilton Austin Airport? Share your experiences!