“Great budget find!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crestwood Suites Austin

You added Crestwood Suites Austin to your Saves list
Crestwood Suites Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12989 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78750 (Northwest Austin)   |
Ranked #131 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Washington, D.C.
“Great budget find!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

After reading the reviews here, I was very skeptical and braced myself for the worst when I booked my Crestwood reservation. However, I was on a budget and really couldn't pass up their rates and promise of a full kitchen.

My room was clean. The halls were clean. The restroom off of the lobby was even clean. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was fairly absent during my stay but I didn't mind that so much. No episodes of loud kids or people running around. The parking lot has PLENTY of room.

Look, this is a convenient hotel and offers the basics. If you're staying in town for a couple days and can afford to go somewhere else, do it. If you're in town for a while or are just budget conscious, try Crestwood. Others' negative reviews almost scared me off but I'm glad they didn't. I saved a ton of money and got a clean, safe room for over a week!

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mont Belvieu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

The hotel was clean and the grounds were well kept. The front desk was efficient and despite a large crowed who arrived just ahead of us, it only took a few minutes to check in.

The room is fairly large, about the size of two standard rooms, but everything was as cheap as you can get. The carpet, towels, cabinets, and bedding were of the lowest standards. The bed was like sleeping on a giant slice of stale bread.

My wife and I went to Austin to see the Round Rock Express (they won). It is about a twenty minute drive to Round Rock from the hotel, and the route is a little hard to follow with all of the construction. The location is not very convenient to anything, though the area is nice enough.

While we thought the hotel was okay for the money we paid, the next time we are going to find a place a little more comfortable

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mansfield, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

The pictures look great - and so does the hotel from the outside. Before going into detail about the problems we experienced, I'll just say this: This is a *budget* extended-stay hotel and is probably fine for those looking for a place like that. It should not, however, be actively marketed towards the short-stay crowd that is expecting better accomodations. The smell in the hallway (strong garlic) was enough to knock you over initially. Then we were greeted by a stronger, cover-up type freshener in the room which required keeping the window open most of the time in order to breath comfortably. The bed was about a foot and a half off the ground and very hard. The water in the shower only ever got tepid at best and had very low pressure. It was barely strong enough to wake me up in the morning after hearing doors slamming and running up and down halls until at least 2 a.m. Now, in defense of this place, it was spring break. I just didn't realize suburban Austin was such a hot spot for the college kids. The staff was VERY friendly but that only goes so far. Will NOT stay here again.

Stayed March 2007
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

I agree with the others who have written here. Don't be deceived by Orbitz's positive customer reviews! This place is disgusting inside. If you watch CSI, you probably know what luminol is for...detecting "stains" of a human origin. Well, you don't even need luminol to see the stains in this place. There wasn't even a mattress pad on the bed--just sheet and mattress, so it's clear this place aims for the least discriminating resident. Which is sad, because I feel sorry for anyone who can't afford to stay in a place where they at least mop the bathroom floor after someone has had their fun in there. Enough said. Except they were good enough to refund my money.

• Liked — the landscaping
  • Disliked — the stains inside the room
  • Tips/Secrets — don't believe Orbtiz's reviews
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

From the outside, Crestwood Suites looks really nice. Upon entering, one might be further deceived. I found the staff to be generally unhelpful, as well. The hallway had a strange smell (maybe from people cooking?). The room seemed clean on first inspection. Upon returning later to sleep, I pulled down the top cover and discovered whitish stains on the middle blanket. Uggggg! All the front desk could offer was an apology. I've been trying to contact the Manager of the property for several days and they are always conveniently unavailable.

My advice to you, seek out another place!

• Stayed March 2006
League City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

The outside is nice in an okay sort of way, so we hadn't a clue of what we were in for...

We had to shop at W. for cleaning supplies and clean it ourselves - or sleep in our car since hotels were filled in Austin that weekend due to various scheduled events and others like us...seeking shelter from Hurricane Rita.

The service was okay in a phantom sort of way; they were nice, but not quite running to our rescue to make things better. It was really an interestingly odd experience. So much so that our 13 year old renamed it the "Crustywood Suites".

Do not seek shelter there, you will not be a happy person...Not to mention, your family may never let you make reservations again.

glastonbury, ct
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2005

It's true that you get what you pay for. I got a good rate through Travelocity and thought I was getting a deal. If you don't mind bugs, don't need hangers in the closet, don't need an iron and ironing board at a
suite style hotel, and if you don't mind getting a coffemaker, but none of the usual complimentary coffee pouches that you usually find, then this is the place for you! The staff was very courteous, even when my husband had to go to the front desk 2 days in a row to ask for an extra set of towels
because the two of us didn't want to share one, for more soap, since none was left for two days, and for another roll of t.p., since an extra wasn't left and the one we had was 3/4's done. The kitchenette didn't have soap or a sponge, as you usually get. The room was fairly clean, the bed was very comfortable, the pillows very lumpy, but every night when we got back to the room we had bugs running for cover when the lights came on. Not sure what kind they were, but since they weren't paying I didn't think they should stay. We would have gone elsewhere, but we had prepaid for the room through Travelocity and didn't know if we'd get our money back. Again, if you don't want to spend much money and only care that you have a bed and working plumbing, then you won't be disappointed. This property
has great potential if they can really get up to speed on the basic amenities
and hire an exterminator.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Crestwood Suites Austin? Share your experiences!