“don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crestwood Suites Austin

You added Crestwood Suites Austin to your Saves list
Crestwood Suites Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12989 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78750 (Northwest Austin)   |
Ranked #129 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Olympia, Washington
“don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I called a week in advance to make sure our reservation was in order and specifically ask for the 2 bedroom suite and that it be set up for 3 people. When we arrived we were given a 2 bed suite, we immediately went downstairs to have it changed. The desk clerk went to make sure the room was ready, he gave us the key cards and said it was ready. When we entered the room there was a pair of boots in the middle of the room, food in the fridge, a dirty towel in the bathroom and it was dirty and not in the least set up for 3 people! We called downstairs and they sent someone up to clean, we were told we had 3 TV,s one for each room & 1 in the living room, none of them worked, the 2 in the bedrooms weren't even hooked up to cable. The guys finally got the 1 tv working. The elevator wasn't working when we arrived, we were told it would be working that afternoon, we stayed 4 nights and it was never fixed, our room keys wouldn't work on a daily basis, the hallways and stairways were filthy and I mean filthy!! So my advice DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room available
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

no welcoming staffs..never cared to respond calls to the reception when we found non-smoking rooms are filled with smoke smells. we had 4 kids and management never bothered. the problem started from booking itself. we booked 4 rooms at first and the 1 more from their hotel website itself. few minutes later we got a message saying 2 rooms are cancelled automatically. we called to the hotel website customer care and found they have no idea. later some one responded saying out of 5 rooms, 2 rooms were cancelled due to technical problem in their site and asked us to rebook. then we did and called to the hotel reception to tell them we are on our way to check in they said they see 7 bookings in our name. as expected it was a long dragging call between hotel, website customer care etc and somehow made them realize it was not our fault.

here comes the worst experiences.

1. reception person didn't even care to welcome.
2. sorry to say about some unknown people sitting in the reception and i seriously would like to mind my own language. they were started commenting about us as if we do not know english. a teen guy sitting next to the elevator said the elevator will take forever to reach to the next floor and I gave him a thanks but we had to use to elevator as we all had luggages. so we opened the elevator, and there was literally someone urinated. Complained to the reception but no response as they simply didnt want to react.
3. then what about the rooms? smoke filled rooms, no towels, no utensils, no trashbags and this hotel call them self an extended stay?!?!?!?! we called reception and they said they would find something and give us a call...as expected no towels or nothing came to our room and no call too.
4. Attached a picture of the AC and you see it yourself to decide whether you want to stay in this hotel or not.
5. Last but not least, we paid almost $85 for each room which I personally feel not a price of a cheap hotel in my hotel stay experiences in other chain of hotels. but the moment we checked out, the awful feeling of spending close to $400+ was a mere waste of everything.
We've stayed in a hotel named Orangewood suites inside Austin, that was way better for the price for which I will sure write a good review.

Room Tip: horrible, awful, worst
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our group stayed in 5 rooms. When we entered the room, all rooms were dirty and unclean. Trashbin was not cleared and was smelling.

All our rooms we booked were Non smoking, but all rooms had cigarette smell and in one room we noticed cigarette ashes. Our kids faced lot of difficulties because of these.

We were not provided with bath towels/soaps in some of the rooms and got them later after calling the front desk

Few of our rooms didnt even have any basic kitchen utensils.

When I reported this to person in frontdesk at checkout, he said he is the only person taking care of the hotel. This hotel lacks maintenance and its not worth the money we paid

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

The staff is friendly. The grounds are well kept. If you need anything thaey are prompt and professional.
I have been here since February. Glad my family and I chose to stay here. I had a small issue with my TV and Eric promptly handle it. I have 0 complaints. They are polite to my 5 year old. They truly could not have a better staff.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

Everything is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Maria. Good amenities and great location. The grounds are well kept and they allow pets. Would reccomend this place again and again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Room's are nice , clean , spacious , and comfortable. Not sure about all of them but mine came with a kitchenette! I resided on the property for weeks and experienced no issues or concerns. Staff is helpful and friendly , and the hotel includes a gym , large laundry mat , wi-fi etc. I highly recommend this room. The rate is one of the lowest I found , and I checked in during South by!!

Thanks Maria , Hunter , and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

We have been staying here while building our new house. Recently new management has been put in place and the facility is rapidly improving as new staff is added and trained. One of the new employees is Maria who works the front desk. She is always pleasant and helpful and will do her best to make sure you are taken care of.
Based on what I have observed over the last thirty days, I would not hesitate to recommend you give the Crestwood a try.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Crestwood Suites Austin? Share your experiences!