“Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crestwood Suites Austin

Save Saved
You added Crestwood Suites Austin to your Saves list
Crestwood Suites Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12989 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78750 (Northwest Austin)   |
Ranked #134 of 183 hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Crestwood is a valuable setting in Northwest Austin, it gaves the opportunity to have a glance of Texas Hospitality outside from Downtown. A valuable asset for those who seek quiteness and yet, best accesible location to North-South and East-West Highways.

Room Tip: You may choose whatever room location you want, everyone is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Austin Crestwood Suites in late July 2013. The internet wifi mostly didn't work the whole week. I called the phone number provided for internet problems many times, but was just told they were having problems. Manager said they needed new internet equipment. The staff ranged from lazy and rude to okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I want to say the hotel has got alot better than my last visit and aot cleaner.way to go staff.i love the new beds and love how well the place has been painted.the staff is real friendly and i see everyone is working real hard to fix the hotel to be really nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I didn't like it here and I'm pretty easy going having stayed in single star hotels in Morocco. While it wasn't that bad, it was cheap linens, elderly and mentally disabled roaming about. Random screams. The maintenance guy came in my room without more than a knock and no prior notice. And then having paid online, I was charged a 2nd time by their oversight. The manager said, "I'll look into that refund with corporate. Call me tomorrow." No, you call me please. Anyways, avoid.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been a guest at Crestwood Suites in Austin, TX since February 14, 2013. The only reason I have stayed is because they assured me after 30 days, you get the amount you have paid in taxes returned to you. It has now been more than 30 days, and I can not get hold of the manager, whom I am told is the one that will have to take care of this. He is never in the office; the one day Krissi told me he was supposed to be coming down any minute, he never showed up. I called down to the front desk every 30 minutes and she kept saying the same thing. Noone answers the phone when I call down to the front desk now. The internet is always down, the staff is not friendly and courteous, and the manager is MIA. Several times now I've also heard different guests arguing with the housekeeper that stuff has disappeared from their room; if it were only 1 guest saying this I would disregard, but I've heard at least 4 different people complaining about this. I do not request housekeeping at this place just to be safe. I'm sure this happens anywhere you stay though. Also, I gave them the sheets and towels and was told they would have some fresh ones shortly; 3 days later, they claimed they were still doing laundry; that's 3 days of no sheets on the bed and no towels; I went to Target and bough my own towels. Now I just take the sheets with me and do them all with my own laundry. I have little faith in this establishment, their assistance has been far less than par since I got here. I had to switch rooms after about a week because the A/C smelled horrible and had chunks of stuff flying out of it, the carpet was filthy, the wash basin in the bathroom was hanging down, and it had bugs. The room that they switched me to was slightly better, except that the microwave didn't work, the toilet is lopsided, and the carpet is so filthy you can not walk barefoot in this room. I reported the microwave issue to Penny, who said she would put in a work order. I followed up 4 more times in the next 3 weeks, and still nothing was done. Last week, I went down to the front desk and spoke to Krissi, who assured me the manager would be in any minute and that she would give him the work order. It was 3 more days before anyone showed up. That's almost a month waiting for something as simple as a microwave. I have also been waiting to speak to the manager about getting my taxes back. It is near impossible to get a hold of him. This was the first place I've stayed in Texas since I got here from Rhode Island, and it has been less than pleasant. No one here seems to genuinely care about their guests or taking care of business appropriately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
canaro99
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I didn't check TA first! A friend booked 2 rooms because it was close to our venue for the weekend--what a mistake!!!

Want towels? You have to take your dirty set to the front desk. They count them, and then give you replacements. The towels make toilet tissue seem thick and luxurious.

Want your room clean? Then make an appointment with the front desk and they'll schedule it. Don't hold your breath it will be done--ours wasn't.

Want a comfortable mattress? Go somewhere else. This room's mattresses were new--somewhere around the last ice age.

You've read about "things on the bedspread;" this room was the poster child for that story--yuck.

Want a TV that works? Ask the front desk to bring you another, after they tell you it was just working. Yeah, in 1962 when the set was new.

Our room was pre-paid, yet at 10:30 someone banged (yes, banged!) on the door and said, "If you don't get to the front desk and check out by eleven and pay your bill, you'll be billed for another day."

When we left, the lobby was full of cops (8). Apparently this fine establishment was having problems requiring a massive police presence.

If you see this place when looking for a hotel in Austin--keep looking!

Room Tip: Want a good room? Find another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Well, I guess their trademark is dirty sheets...
Very friendly and hospitable staff. It is an extended stay property and you'll get what you pay for. We got a great rate as all other hotels were gouging because of the F1 Race. Pulled back the spread for bed--hairs on the sheets, and they were dirty--very grey and unwashed... Changed rooms, got extra pillows. Next day hit IKEA and bought sheets, pillows, quilt, cases and towels. Made a world of difference! Room was a bit "tired," but good black out curtains, the AC was a bit noisy but very effective. Having the full kitchenette was great--loved the full-sized fridge. No housekeeping during our 6 days. Oh, wash whatever kitchen stuff you're going to use--noticed a housekeeper drying stuff w/what looked liked a used towel... "Antique" TVs w/very few channel choices. No bugs at all! Keys needed to be recharged about 3X... Would stay again next year, but they are on the price-gouging bandwagon...

Room Tip: Check your room and bedding immediately upon arrival and change rooms if necessary. Better yet, bri...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crestwood Suites Austin? Share your experiences!