“WORST EXPIRENCE EVER!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Guadalupe Street, Austin, TX 78701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #123 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Humble
“WORST EXPIRENCE EVER!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Do not stay here. We got kicked out for making too much noise, but we weren't even there. We checked in after 5, changed and left, we didn't get back til 3:30 am and they claimed we had been making noise all day. they would not compromise with us. They didn't really know where the noise came from so our neighbors were also kicked out. 3 or 4 rooms in our hall got kicked out. They gave us 15 min to leave. I think they should have investigated a little further. Also We have tried complaining but have not received a return call. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

I have stayed here twice for business and find in very comfortable. The girls at the front desk are always friendly and professional. I always stay on the 3rd floor, and this trip I was in room 314. It overlooks the parking lot so it is nice and quiet. Having the kitchenette is handy for anyone who would prefer to eat a few meals in their room. Whole Foods market is only 2 blocks away and is ideal for anyone staying here to purchase some snacks or food.

The TV is a small 19" but whatever......every thing else is great. The bathrooms are big. The bed is comfortable. The A/C and heat unit is good...not noisy either.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Mendocino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Rooms very large and it had all we needed for our five day stay. Hotel desk clerks were very helpful and friendly! We felt a warm Texas welcome from them, especially Heather! This is located in the middle of Austin...a short walk to everywhere. Safe and clean and quiet. We would stay again when traveling to the wonderful state of Texas . Rooms are quite clean and plenty of drawer space for personals. BIG bathrooms too. Nice thick towels which are a plus for me AND the beds were firm and comfy. Don't miss this on your trip to Austin.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

This is a great room with kitchen - and Whole Foods is a short walk away, so you're all set for food! Friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

My husband and I chose this hotel because it's on 6th street of downtown Austin and we wanted to be within walking distance from the bars, clubs and music. All of the other hotels in the 6th street area are double the price of this one.

At first, all the hotel booking websites showed this hotel as full for the weekend we wanted to stay. So I called the hotel directly and they set me up with a non-smoking, king-size room immediately, for the same price. We had to call to tell them we would be checking in late and this was no problem. In fact, everyone I spoke to on the phone and in person at the front desk was so friendly!

Checking in was a breeze and we were told that there would be no maid service for our short stay, as this is a policy of Extended Stay, which is pretty much an economy hotel. I also had to get shampoo and a hair dryer from the front desk, but no big deal. We were in room 115 I believe: first floor.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was fine and I slept well through the night. The only dirt I could see was when sitting on the toilet, I saw the mildew underneath the lip of the sink, but I'm sure mine at home looks the same (I just never see it). We didn't use the kitchen utilities, but everything looked like it was in working order. The shower drained well and there were a fair amount of hangars on the clothing rack.

Our window opened to a sidewalk at head-height, but we weren't expecting any kind of view. I am a light sleeper and always wear ear plugs, but my husband slept normally without them without any noise disturbance. I do think that the air-conditioner is on a shut-off timer because it was always muggy when we entered the room and we had to fiddle with it to get it to come on multiple times during the night.

We spent most of our time out of the room and felt that it was very sufficient for our purposes. It is a 5 block walk to the start of the action on 6th street, but it's through a business area and seemingly safe. If you're not high-maintenance, then I definitely recommend this hotel for the budget.

• Liked — Location, proximity to 6th street scene and state capitol building
  • Disliked — Air conditoner had to be reset a lot
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

I could have been very disappointed with this hotel since I had just spent a few days on business in the brand new and rather lovely Marriott Residence near by on 4th Street. I stayed here at my own expense for last two nights of my trip chosen purely on the location and cost of the room at $118 a night. I am happy to say as I arrived they were just finishing off a refurbishment of the rooms and common areas, Floors 2 to 4 were finshed and they were just laying carpet on the ground floor.

I got a room on floor 2 and it was fine, no this is not luxury but it is clean and felt safe. I could not hear any noise from Neighbours at all. I got what I needed, somewhere I was was happy to sleep and just minutes walk from the bars and restaurants of downtown Austin. All of the staff were very friendly indeed and I considered giving it 4 stars because of this but lets be honest it is only a basic clean place to stay but in a great location.

• Liked — Location, clean and the price compared to surrounding hotels
  • Disliked — Rather bland rooms but for the price they were fine
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

A very good welcome and when I asked directions later he phoned the place to make sure where they were and ga ve us great directions with smile.

You can here the neighbours at times but at $65 + tax not bad as you have a kitchen included. The room isn't cleaned everyday we prefered this instead of having to tidy up for the cleaners everyday.

We walked nearly everywhere. It is on 6th so near lots of choice of food and in the other direction the tourist info place.

If you want to drive to a supermarket it again is 5 mins drive on 6th.

Just what we needed for our stay.

• Liked — Friendly
  • Disliked — some noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Why pay more!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.

Address: 600 Guadalupe Street, Austin, TX 78701
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #123 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel Austin
Extended Stay America Austin
Extended Stay Austin
Austin Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.