You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Guadalupe Street, Austin, TX 78701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #119 of 191 Hotels in Austin
League City
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is very close to 6th street (a block away) and a5-10 min walk to the Austin City Limits Theatre. Free parking. Price was $110 plus tax for queen room. Stayed New Years Eve. Very quiet. Would definitely stay again! Bed was comfy. Check in and out was easy and quick.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and location. We are glad you found our rates reasonable and the comfort of your suite ideal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Perfect place to stay on 6th street, clean , spacious room, no noise , we had a back room overlooking the car park , so good to have a Laundromat in the building , we loved everything about staying there , we were visiting from Australia and stayed 5 nights , We Loved Austin .

Room Tip: Great place to stay we stayed 5 nights , perfect location on 6th street , we had a room at the back...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, December 27, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such delightful things about our Downtown Extended Stay Hotel. It's great to hear that our staff, hotel and location made your trip very comfortable and enjoyable.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Great location for partygo-ers on 6th street only about 4 to 5 blocks from all the fun!!! the location is so awesome that I couldn't help but be excited and it's not far from other attractions. Easy to walk no matter the weather...we walked in rain~!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were pleased with the accommodations provided and location of our hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

great hotel.clean,friendly staff.My room was very comfortable and clean, neat kitchenette.If your the walk about type,everything is in walking distance.Museums,clubs,bars,restaurants,transportation,trendy boutiques,everything!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Rick - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that our hotel and location met all your needs. We are also delighted that you enjoyed your time in Austin.

Dallas,, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I feel the beds could have warmer comforters on them for the cold weather. The refrigerator was a bit dirty at the bottom.
The breakfast could have much more editable foods but probably hard since it is in that little area of the lobby. I would rather have a Keurig in my room than have to go get coffee downstairs anyway.

I really hate fluorescent lighting and wished there was an alternative for the bedroom mood lighting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that our hotel did not meet with your expectations. It is true that our comforters are lightweight, as we rarely get extremely cold temperatures here in Austin, Texas. Though we do not have Keurigs in our suites, there are small coffee pots with which to make some coffee. We apologize that the bottom of the fridge was not as clean as it should have been, we will address that item with our housekeeping staff moving forward.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dtl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at ESA Downtown for 15 days in November, I found the hotel to be extreamly clean and well managed, the staff were very polite, helpful & accommodating, I had a very late check in and it was no problem at all. All the silly questions I asked, from where & how to get to the Mall or which way do I go to Congress Ave were answered with politeness and a genuine attitude of helpfulness. There are kitchen and laundry facilities, a grab and go breakfast and copious amounts of coffee (2 different types) are provided, this is a no frills operation which keeps the room prices down, the hotel is in the best location, everything you need is within walking distance. My room was on the street side of the building, the windows are double glazed so the only noise i heard was when I had them open, plus the music that you may hear from the nearby bars stops at around 10pm, something I think Melbourne should enforce!
All in all, my stay here was lovely and if Melbourne was closer to Austin in geography, I would stay at Extended Stay America-Downtown again and again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Heather - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such delightful things about our hotel. Our team truly enjoys catering to our guests needs and inquiries. I am very proud of our them for making you feel like you were staying in your "home away from home".

Great Britain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here for a second time back in November. The change from my previous stay is apparent immediately. The staff were really helpful and the whole experience (room, security etc), was much better than last time here. Well done to all concerned with the operation.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned, go for a room overlooking the car park.....6th St is Jumping !!, especiall...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take all our guests comments, both good and bad, as ways to help us improve our hotel and our services. I'm so pleased to hear that the areas of concern you had on a previous stay, were able to be corrected, and thank you for sharing that you noticed the difference.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.

Address: 600 Guadalupe Street, Austin, TX 78701
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #119 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel Austin
Extended Stay America Austin
Extended Stay Austin
Austin Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.