“Family vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Austin Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Austin Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Austin Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7501 E. Ben White Blvd., Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #95 of 182 hotels in Austin
“Family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My parents, my wife, 2 daughters and me stayed at this hotel before traveling to San Antonio. The hotel was nice and convenient to airport. Staff was friendly. breakfast is included so try the Texas shaped waffles.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Gonzales, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean, quiet, easy check in and out. The room was large. Comfortable beds. Well lighted parking. Offered free parking for 7 days and shuttle to airport. I Would stay here again and recommend it to a friend. Stayed at another hotel in the area recently and they offered $5 parking and shuttle. Breakfast in am.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

It is funny. On my way to Florida, me fiancee and I had a layover in Austin. We had what seemed like about an hour to do what we needed to do and to get back onto the flight. So we got off did a couple of things, got something to eat and headed back to the terminal with around 12-15 minutes left. We got to the desk and was informed that the doors had just been locked and that the plane was leaving. I though this was a cruel joke, that is until I looked out the window and the plane being pushed onto the jet way. We had misread our tickets and were now stranded in Austin. We tried looking into other airlines, but did not want to pay around a thousand dollars. So the nice girl from the jet blue counter told us that she was sorry and felt bad and gave us a coupon for a discount rate at the Comfort Suites Austin Airport, where we could spend the night and catch our plane tomorrow. Reluctantly we agreed. We got to the airport and the man behind the counter, his name was Chin I believe, could not have been more helpful. I got us a room right away, made sure that we were taken care of and apologized about the flight, as well as calling the shuttle to pick up up from the airport and take us back. The hotel was clean, the room was large, the bed was comfortable and it just had a great ambiance to it. Although we went their in less than ideal circumstances, because of that Hotel and that really nice man behind the counter, it became a highlight of our vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Room was clean. Window was cracked but resulted in no inconvenience. There was a lite mold around the tub but otherwise it was very clean. Not being that familiar with Austin found it simple to find my way downtown.

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The airline put me up here for one night due to an oversold flight. I admit that it was hard to stay here after three nights at the Hilton Austin with an amazing view of Sixth Street and the Capitol, and surrounded by the buzz of SXSW, and that may have colored some of my impressions.

Jesse, the airport shuttle driver, could not have been more personable, courteous and helpful about what's in the area, where to grab food (or have it delivered), where to catch a bus if I wanted to head back downtown, etc. He really went above and beyond. If it were just him, I would rate the service as being excellent, instead of average.

Check-in felt a bit clinical. The clerk asked for the voucher from the airline, then she asked to see my ID and for a credit card to cover incidentals or damage to the room. Maybe I'm just used to the greetings I get as a SPG or HHonors member, but the exchange just didn't feel very warm and fuzzy or friendly, although she did ask what time I'd need the shuttle to take me back to the airport in the AM.

Because SXSW was going on, I was given the only room that was available—a non-smoking accessible king on the ground floor. As a woman traveling alone, the location of this room made me feel a bit vulnerable. The parking lot was right outside my window, the curtains didn't totally close, and I was right next to a side door to the hotel. If I were traveling with my family or others, it wouldn't have been such an issue. But in this case, it felt a bit creepy. Adding to that feeling was a funky smell when I walked in the room. Not of cigarettes—maybe more like mildew or something else. If I hadn't already known I'd gotten the last room I would've asked for another one.

On the plus side, the room was very spacious, nicely furnished and it had a very comfortable king bed. Plus, it had my requisite outlets in the nightstand (TWO of them and they worked great!). Better than the Hilton in that regard. Aside from the next incident, the room and bathroom seemed clean. I felt comfortable walking barefoot. None of that sticky carpet thing that you read about in reviews of other places. One thing that was a bit annoying was that when you turned on the light in the bathroom, the fan automatically came on. It was LOUD! It would be nice if they had separate switches.

After settling in, it occurred to me that I didn't have any water, having ditched it at the TSA checkpoint, so I called to ask the front desk if there was any bottled water to be had. (Options: $3 in vending machine down the hall or filtered water in the fitness room.) As I hung up the phone, I noticed that the space under the receiver had a wad of chewed gum stuck on it. Ewwww....Who does that?? It was pretty gross, especially since it was nightstand phone, right next to where I was going to sleep. I didn't want to touch it or even look at it, so I went down the hall, got change for the vending machine from the front desk clerk, and let her know about the gum. She was similarly grossed-out, apologized and said she'd have the facilities guy come take care of it in about 20 minutes, as he was on a shuttle run. He arrived in less time than that and was also very apologetic.

While I didn't feel totally at home here, I got a good night's sleep. The AC was PERFECT, as were the bed and pillows, and my 6am alarm came much too soon. I didn't partake of the complimentary breakfast so I can't speak to that. Jesse got me back to the airport bright and early, and with a smile.

Overall, some things were excellent and some were not, which is why I ended up averaging this one out to an average.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nice location to go anywhere in Austin, yet not in the middle of town. Very clean and they offered a complimentary breakfast that was delicious. The staff was nice and the bar was great! Will definitely stay there when back in Austin.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel had it all. Recently remodeled, it was attractive, very clean, had great mattresses, and more than adequate breakfasts. Although close to the airport, it was easy and quick to drive to the restaurants. If you are without your car Denny's is less than a five minute walk. Every person on the staff was friendly and went out of their way to "go the extra mile." (From the general manager to the staff behind the counter to the room cleaners.). If you want a hotel providing a very pleasant and quiet stay and you.are pleased with a bargain this is the place for you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Austin Airport? Share your experiences!