“Insanely Good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hopdoddy

Hopdoddy
1400 South Congress Avenue, Ste A190, Austin, TX 78704 (Formerly HopDoddy)
Website
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Insanely Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

So, I search for great burgers all the time. Because of my employment I travel around the country and I am always looking for the best burgers. I can say without hesitation, the burger I ate here was easily one of the best I have had. It was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The bun was dense but soft. The toppings were explosive but not overpowering. Burger nirvana. The queso fries were pretty good but not exceptional. I also had a tres leches shake that was ridiculously good. I went during lunch time and waited in line almost 20 minutes to order, but it was well worth the wait. The place was kind of loud, filled with trendy hipsters mostly in their 20's. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Paris, France
“Be ready for this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

What you have to know about this place is that you'll most probably have to wait for quite a long time - depending on when you go - before being assigned a table and then served. I went with two friends on a Thursday around 12 and we had to wait for about 30 minutes. But it's totally worth it!!! The prices are above average but the quality is here. Love their shakes and their parmesan truffle fries! Haven't tried their burgers yet, but they look delicious - they bake their own buns!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best burgers ever and gluten-free buns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The food here is amazing. These are the best burgers anywhere, with a real home-made quality. They also offer gluten-free buns which is great to see, and my coeliac son declared these the best burgers he's ever had. The process of lining up and ordering is a bit tedious, but it is worth it in the end.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas
“Best burgers that I've tasted and the atmosphere was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I found this place while looking for places to eat with a group of friends while in Austin! I saw this on tripadvisor and saw the reviews were great so we chose this place. The moment we walked in we recievied excellent customer service!
Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone. Although the prices may be a little pricy, it is TOTALLY worth it for the quality of the burgers!
I would suggest the poblano burger and chili con queso with fries!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Woodlands Tx
“Great eats and so much fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our daughter will be attending UT in the fall and we decided this was a good choice to get a feel for local food. The two greeters at the door were so helpful. They gave us their suggestions and they were spot on! We waited about 10 min. to actually get in the main door. We then had to get on a line to order our food (that was about another 10 min.) We gave our order and a waitress got us our table while we got our drinks. The burgers were fantastic. The turkey burger was my favorite and the queso was to die for, especially dipping the fries in that stuff...heaven! Oh yeah we topped it of with an oreo shake. Everyone was so friendly at this place. The atmosphere was fun but be warned, crowded and you could feel a little claustrophobic at some of the tables. I will definitely be back!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere