“good inexpensive hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn North Austin

You added Quality Inn North Austin to your Saves list
Quality Inn North Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6911 N Interstate Hwy 35, Austin, TX 78752 (Formerly North Austin Plaza Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #151 of 191 Hotels in Austin
“good inexpensive hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The mattresses were not the most comfortable for my old back. The electical outlets on one side did not work. The ice machine on our side of the hotel did not work. The utensils at breakfast were flimsy and useless for eating waffles.
Not a perfect hotel but worth the cost in Austin. The hotel has easy access to 35 and 183. It was clean and the staff was pleasant enough. The breakfast was good and hot and full of choices. The dinning room was large enough to accommodate every guest. The elictrical problems were not fixed but they offered us another room(we declined) and the staff helped set up a work around so we had enough light. This hotel was not fancy but was inexpensive for an Austin hotel. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor poolside room. No street noise and pleasant window view.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Rachel P, General Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Mary,

We very much appreciate your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. My team and I are focused on working to always exceed the expectations of our guests. Occasionally, we may not always meet a guests complete expectations and this seems to be the case in your experience with members of our staff. Please accept my apologies and know that we will be reviewing your comments with the appropriate team members.

As you stated in your review that you will stay with us again, I am happy for that because this will allow us to provide you with a superior service.

Quality Inn Austin
512-617-4900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The coffee maker had a carafe mismatched to the coffee maker, so the basket overflowed instead of dripping into the carafe. Reported, but not really fixed. A couple of light bulbs were burned out.
The microwave and fridge were plugged into the same outlet which could not support both running at the same time. After sparks and power failure was reported, not fixed.
Tub was in poor repair, chipped porcelain, rust stains, gap between spigot and wall. Shower worked well thank heaven. Broken tile behind the toilet exposed mold.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

well got to the hotel on Friday night around 8pm the check-in wasn't smooth.
got to the room and the smell was so bad. called front desk to see if there is any other options. was told this is the last room and if I want to check out I will get my money back or wait till the morning to see if something comes available.
went to the front desk in the morning around 9;30 am to ask questions about the room and the flat t.v that I saw on the web.
the manager by the name Sarah came and offered me to check out if I am not happy with the room.
when I came back that day around 6pm did not have any water pressure called front desk was told will send someone.
after 30 minutes maintenance came and could not believe on the condition of the room and called front desk and asked him to move me to another room.
make the story short THIS PLACE IS NOT CLEAN, NO UPDATES ROOMS HAVE NO WATER PRESSURE NO HOT WATER AND DON'T LET THE PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE FOOL YOU.
I WILL NEVER EVER STAY IN THIS LOCATION.
DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY.
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL.
WIFI VERY VERY SLOW.

Room Tip: THE worst place to stay
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I just flew in from los Angeles and have been conducting my business on foot. I needed to find a store near by to purchase some much needed items. I asked front desk associate James where a near by Walmart was and he was so easy to talk to, had a great personality and even drew a map for me of how to get there on foot. I was very grateful for his help and hope everyone else can be helped by him or someone that has a grate personality and people skills like how he demonstrated. Thank you James @ 6911 n interstate 35

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rachel P, General Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Dear Grod,

Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay! My team and I appreciate such

positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to

Austin TX, you’ll consider being our guest again.

All the Best,
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Cockroaches, small and large. THE WORST customer service on this planet. Everything is falling apart. G** forbid you remove the sheets and pad to find that something might have died on the mattress you are sleeping on. AC/Heat unit spits out flecks of stuff onto the bed. Housekeeping does a bad job if they even do it at all (they'll try to get away with doing less as possible, unless you're there to oversee and supervise - OH YEAH! Watch how they clean the bathroom and then wipe your table and do your sheets WITHOUT CHANGING GLOVES!!). Carpets never shampooed. (there are some newly renovated rooms but remember what I said about the mattresses). Wi-Fi is the top of the line vacuum cleaner because it sucks so much.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Mitch,

Quality Inn Austin
512-617-4900
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

I very much enjoyed my stay in Austin. I was in Austin to watch my daughter compete for the University of Texas in a competition. I was traveling by myself, and I felt very safe the entire time. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and when an issue arose with my room, it was taken care of immediately. The breakfast offered complementary with the room was excellent - I will most definitely book my room here again...and there will definitely be more stays in Austin over the next four years!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Quick overnight stay, just needed basics and good price...received both at this hotel...did not get to take advantage of breakfast. Unable to connect to wifi so unable to review. No frills stay for the price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn North Austin? Share your experiences!