“Excellent custermer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn North Austin

You added Quality Inn North Austin to your Saves list
Quality Inn North Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6911 N Interstate Hwy 35, Austin, TX 78752 (Formerly North Austin Plaza Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #144 of 191 Hotels in Austin
“Excellent custermer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I just flew in from los Angeles and have been conducting my business on foot. I needed to find a store near by to purchase some much needed items. I asked front desk associate James where a near by Walmart was and he was so easy to talk to, had a great personality and even drew a map for me of how to get there on foot. I was very grateful for his help and hope everyone else can be helped by him or someone that has a grate personality and people skills like how he demonstrated. Thank you James @ 6911 n interstate 35

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I very much enjoyed my stay in Austin. I was in Austin to watch my daughter compete for the University of Texas in a competition. I was traveling by myself, and I felt very safe the entire time. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and when an issue arose with my room, it was taken care of immediately. The breakfast offered complementary with the room was excellent - I will most definitely book my room here again...and there will definitely be more stays in Austin over the next four years!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Quick overnight stay, just needed basics and good price...received both at this hotel...did not get to take advantage of breakfast. Unable to connect to wifi so unable to review. No frills stay for the price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After 3 days of no issues and a friendly staff, we were woke with EMS, fire department, and police in our room asking ridiculous questions. after being humiliated and woken up in such a rude manner we were told that we had to check out that day we had no option or choice. I regret ever renting a room at this location and I would not recommend my worst enemy to stay there!!! you'd be much better off going to an establishment that rents a room by the hour.

• Stayed March 2015
Rachel P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry that your stay with us ended so unhappily. The last thing we wanted was to have such an event happen. When the housekeepers entered this room several hours after it was due to check out, the guests in the bed in the room were completely non-responsive to our staff's several attempts to communicate with them. In this scenario, we are required not only by hotel policy but by local city officials to call EMS in case of a medical emergency. I can understand that since there was no medical emergency that this was not the most welcome awakening, but it is better that they come and you do not need them than if someone was genuinely in distress and they did not come.
I am glad to hear you had a good stay until that point. I hope your next stay in Austin is a good one. Thank you for taking the time to review.
Kingwood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Quality Inn North Austin is an older hotel - and it is about $50 a night. Therein is the whole story. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the staff helpful. There is just so much you can do with something old - ask my grandchildren ! If you have a room facing the pool, as we did on a cold, rainy night in March, is that you cannot park anywhere near your room, In addition, all rooms are reached from the outside, another downer on a cold rainy night in March ( or any other month). There are nicer hotels nearby, but not for $50 a night.

Room Tip: As mentioned, depending on the time of year you travel, pool-facing rooms can be an inconvenience.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I was glad to hear that you had a fairly good stay here at our property. There are a lot of challenges to working at an older property, but we work hard to ensure our guests get a good value for their money. Our best feature is definitely how close we are to all of Austin at a very affordable price.
I hope you come back and see up when the weather gets warmer. Our pool is very large a quite nice during the long Texas summer.
Grandville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

I checked in to this hotel being an Elite member of choice privileges. Thought it being a Choice Hotel that I would have a good to excellent experience. Well, I guess I should have read the reviews first and spent a little more at a better hotel. The outside of the hotel is falling apart, the staircase looks like if anyone over 200lbs steps on it the whole hotel is going to fall to the ground. The covers on the A/C units are all broken and even make the property look even more disgusting and outdated. The fridge in my room was so noisy and rattled I thought there was a huge rattlesnake in my room, finally unplugged it. The breakfast is VERY basic, nothing like other Quality Inn properties I have stayed at. I ordered pizza one night, went to the desk to ask for ONE fork and ONE plate, to only be told "NO". First off, customer service 101 and hospitality 101 clearly states NEVER TELL A GUEST NO! They said they lock it up after breakfast and no one is allowed to use them after breakfast, OMG, what is that 1 plate and 1 fork going to cost you? A PENNY if that. I am sure they don't have people coming asking every day from every room. I have never stayed in a hotel where they did not have spare plates and utensils for guests. Thank Goodness I called the pizza place and caught the driver before he left to make the delivery, the pizza deliver guy had more hospitality and guest service than this hotel has. When you check in, they charge you a $30.00 charge above the cost of the room, for what? No room service, no pay-per-view movies, no extras whatsoever, I have never at any Choice Hotel been charged more than my rate + tax. Overall, this hotel is far worse than a motel 6, Motel 6 has better accommodations and guest relations. I wish this hotel the best of luck in the future because it seems that most reviews are negative, and the sad part is they are spot on reviews, normally I never rely solely on review, but this hotel and its reviews are spot on.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

Hotel was good for the night , nothing fancy but a place to sleep , Was old and needed a upgrade. When we booked the room on the Choice site the price was 5.00 cheaper than the confirmed price , When I ask the clerk at the desk why this happened , she just shrugged it off and said she had no idea and could do nothing about it.

Room Tip: Don't expect much and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Larry G, Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback regarding your stay.

I investigated your account and the reservation you booked was sent to us directly from ChoiceHotels.com. Most likely, you may have seen the rate for a different room type other than the one you booked. I sincerely apologize if my staff was unable to explain the issue while you were here, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I'm happy to say that we are currently renovating our rooms, and I appreciate your business and patience during this time.

Our guests satisfaction is truly important to us and I've forwarded your review to all of my departments.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Philip Dillon
Manager
North Austin Quality Inn

Been to Quality Inn North Austin? Share your experiences!