“OMG!! How is this place still open!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn North Austin

You added Quality Inn North Austin to your Saves list
Quality Inn North Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6911 N Interstate Hwy 35, Austin, TX 78752 (Formerly North Austin Plaza Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #153 of 187 Hotels in Austin
“OMG!! How is this place still open!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is ran like a bad circus!! I felt like I had walked into the set of "A nightmare on Elm Street". Never again will I stay in this place. The room was nasty with a musty smell and I had unwanted visitors (Cockroaches). The carpet was old and run down and the room looked like there had been a fight from all the bad patching jobs in the drywall. To say in today's time where flat screens are the norm, in my room I had a TV from 1982 with very poor reception.

Room Tip: Do not pick any rooms here, especially 158
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Rachel P, General Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I noticed you participated in our survey after you checked out and it seems as though you were very disappointed with your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for the bad experience you encountered while staying here.
In your comment you mention that you thought the room was nasty and had a musty smell, bad patching jobs in the dry wall. I will definitely get with my housekeeping and maintenance department. I want them to make sure that our rooms are perfect; I want all my guests to feel safe and comfortable when staying at the Quality Inn North Austin Texas.
I will review all your comments with our staff, pest control company and address these issues immediately because of your feedback. We appreciate you and your business at our hotel. I hope to see you in the future and again, thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
Collin Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Luis Potosi, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

a dirty place and neglected. Very disappointing, they only made the room one of the four days we spent there, they only went into the room to steal some meaningless things. We had problems with the door to the room, the toilets, water and cleaning. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Do not stay there!!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

My work crew and I stayed here for 4 days. They got a room on the south side of the motel that was recently remodeled and not bad. Just a basic no frills motel room. My room was on the north side and it was horrible. Dirty carpets, mold in the shower, paint peeling off the walls. The door had been kicked in so many times it would just barely close. Every night there was a line of cars going to several of the rooms on this side and things didn't quiet down until around 3 am. I complained after the first night and the clerk told me that because of the remodel, there were no other rooms available. After the 3rd night I went back to the desk to complain and the manager was there. He was very helpful and put me in a room on the south side that had just been remodeled and had been empty all along. I know because it was right above my crew's room.

Room Tip: Stay on the south side. If they put you on the north side, LEAVE!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
New York, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

Definitely nothing to write home about. It's a Quality Inn, basically it's what you think it'll be. Rooms were average, not extremely clean, but not offensive. It's pretty far from downtown, so unless you have a car, I'd avoid it. Didn't get to swim in the pool cause they were working on it... it looked decent though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Larry G, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear CurtisTalls,

We really do appreciate the time you took to write a review.

A majority of our rooms have been renovated and we still have quite a few to go. I suspect you may have stayed in an older room, but regardless of new or old, cleanliness is most important. I always send reviews to the other managers when it's department specific, and we'll be emphasizing the final inspection of a room before it returns to our inventory.

Thank you again for the feedback and I hope you might consider staying with us again should you return to Austin.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

The online pictures of this hotel are very misleading. The rooms are really old and dark. The mini fridge didn't work. The pool lights didn't work at night. The staff didn't refresh our toiletries or towels during our stay. The only positive part about this hotel was its location, a quick 5 minute drive downtown. To add to our bad experience, the hotel didn't have our reservation on arrival and blamed it on booking.com; however, I've booked hotels even overseas via that site and never had a similar issue. I'll never stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rachel P, Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Argelia A,

Thank you for posting up a review on TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry if you thought our pictures online were misleading. We would never choose to deceive a guest and the pictures were taken by one of our own staff members quite recently. Currently, most of our rooms are in the middle of renovations, and I'm sorry if you weren't able to book one of our newer rooms. I understand how important the appearance of a guest's room is.

Third party reservation websites (including Booking.com and Expedia/Hotels.com) send us reservations after they've been booked. Unfortunately, sometimes a reservation does not get sent to us properly and it can cause some distress. I'm very sorry my staff couldn't locate the reservation but I'm certainly glad we were able to accommodate you.

Hopefully you might consider staying with us again (in one of our new rooms!) in the future. Once again, thank you for the feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

In the morning after the first night, I noticed I got these insect bites. I don't know if they were bed bugs. It's pretty swollen and has pus blisters. Bathroom floor had paint. It was really bad for $80 a night. The second night I woke up because the bites were itching.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Swim B,

First off, I'm very sorry you didn't have a good experience at our hotel and any part we played in it. I read TripAdvisor reviews to all of my staff members and they serve as huge opportunities where we can improve our service. With that being said, bed bugs are a very serious issue for hotels. We act immediately when we hear a guest voice concerns about their possible presence and we also have regular inspections. So far the inspections from the pest professionals have shown no rooms with any current bed bug activity. Be that as it may, I'm still concerned about your stay and I want to prevent any guest from ever having a poor experience.

On a brighter note, we've renovated quite a few rooms now and our renovations are still ongoing. Perhaps in the future you might consider us, and I promise you we'll use your review to better our service.
Craponne, Rhone-Alpes, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I spent here 2 nights...unfortunately i didn't check room before booking...it was a disaster. Room is noisy, very dirty. Carpets are very dirty also. In fact since I travel in united states (more than 25 years every summer)...it is the worth room I slept in ...The price is cheap...but i'd rather go anywhere else...even in a motel. The bathroom was absolutely terrible .

Room Tip: please check the room before booking
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Larry G, Manager at Quality Inn North Austin, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Regis V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

You mentioned the room was dirty and noisy. If we caused any inconvenience during your travels I'm very sorry. I shared your review with my housekeeping department. If you wish to speak to me about your stay, please call or email me.

Been to Quality Inn North Austin? Share your experiences!