“I'd Stay Again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Walnut Forest Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Walnut Forest Motel
You added Walnut Forest Motel to your Saves list
11506 North IH 35, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #172 of 194 Hotels in Austin
Aubrey, Texas
“I'd Stay Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I wasn't looking for luxury or 1st class service. I wanted A/C, a double bed and a shower/bathroom. Was there something left to be desired? Of course. But I didn't get bitten by beg bugs, I felt safe during the night, nothing was stolen from room/vehicle and everyone was friendly. We never used the pool but we saw other people enjoying it. Don't go there if you want everything to be perfect and spotless. Stay there if you are rarely going to be in the room and all you want is a place to sleep, shower, and stash your things. I'll stay there again. It's about a 10-ish minute drive to downtown and the neighborhood is decent. We never saw shady characters and even though it's right next to I-35, we slept soundly. Watch out-the hot water gets hot real quick. We got the room on the Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend.

Room Tip: When my husband asked to see a room before he paid, he was allowed to. Take your own pillows.