“HORRIBLE SERVICE REFLECTS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Waterford Centre Blvd., Austin, TX 78758 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Austin - Arboretum - South)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #141 of 191 Hotels in Austin
“HORRIBLE SERVICE REFLECTS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

worse place to stay spend more money! Random phone calls to your room, smoke in non smoking rooms coming through the adjoining room!! Gave me and my wife a headache. Called the front desk and asked for another room and they didn't have "equal" room and apparently all they had was upgraded rooms that she would have to call her GM to ask. I called at 9:15 pm and again at 10 and again at 11. She said she didn't forget about me she was just busy. It's now 11:30 and nothing. At this point it's too late! Don't stay here. When I arrived there was no one at the desk just a sign that said they had to step away. It took 15 min then I went to eat and came back to a smoking neighbor in room neighbor and a cop parked in front of the room breaking up a domestic disturbance

• Stayed February 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The conditions of the room that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am addressing the staff in order to prevent these issues from arising again. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bur@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I wanted a reasonable rate without compromising my living conditions. For the rate and the living conditions I advice anyone looking for extended living to check the location out. The staff was courteous and the area was a plus.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about your experience while staying with us and hope that you will enjoy another visit in the future. If you have anything else you wish to discuss, please feel free to contact me at bur@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We were sidetracked by Expedia and did not know it. This was presented as an alternative room
to a Hampton Inn, which was booked. Far From It!!! Front desk was polite, the area in stairwell
filled with trash, along with dumpster, Did you loose you contract for trash? Won't be back!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
Patty - Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are glad that you received quality service from our staff; however, we are disappointed to hear about the issue with the dumpster. We will work with our service provider to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like, please contact us directly, at bur@extendedstay.com, to discuss this further. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other brand location in the future. Thank you.
Chiyoda, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

After the nightmare of the ESA in Round Rock South, I found this friendly and helpful staffed location to stay for a two week business trip to Austin

The staff from front desk to housekeeping staff were friendly, professional and helpful.

The hotel is what you would expect from the price but I was please with the cleanliness and the extent they went to insure I was comfortable and happy, unlike many other sites I have stayed in Texas.

Close to a Jim's Restaurant and Steak Out across the street and easy 10-20 min to Downtown the price is right and service is great.

Room Tip: I stayed in in a larger suite to get the desk and couch which made it livable on my extended stay
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your overall experience. I am thrilled to read that you received such friendly and helpful service from our staff, and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bur@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

The hotel staff was polite enough. The rooms were supposed to be non smoking but it smelled like someone smoked there the previous 12 months. It was bad. I am guessing that because we got an 'express deal' on Priceline that our preferences weren't considered? Either way, I wouldn't trust the other rooms and would not stay again. This location seems to be used as temporary living for most of the guests. There are plenty other hotels nearby with much more consistent reputations that are around the same price.

• Stayed October 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your experience wasn't to your satisfaction. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is taking the necessary action to enure that all rooms are treated the same during inspections. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bur@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

Clean room in a great location of Austin. Close to the Arboretum area and easy to get around since it's between Loop1 and Exp35. Great price considering it comes with kitchen and refrigerator. Continental breakfast is non-existing, so don't bother with that. Had to wait on front desk staff to check in and out, but it wasn't too bad. For the price, I'd rather stay here than any other place.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast was not up to your standards. As well, I apologize that our front desk staff did not get you checked in and out in a timely manner. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The check was quick and courteous. The room was not what I expected. Too small for 2 people staying longer than a few days. Everything worked properly. The room was clean. The bed was what made my night there extremely awesome. AMD the large soft pillows almost made up for how small the room was. Lol

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your room's size did not meet your expectations; however, we are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that your bed made for an awesome stay. We are also pleased that our staff provided you with a quick, friendly check-in.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South? Share your experiences!