“Small but cozy, quiet, and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Waterford Centre Blvd., Austin, TX 78758 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Austin - Arboretum - South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #134 of 184 Hotels in Austin
“Small but cozy, quiet, and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The check was quick and courteous. The room was not what I expected. Too small for 2 people staying longer than a few days. Everything worked properly. The room was clean. The bed was what made my night there extremely awesome. AMD the large soft pillows almost made up for how small the room was. Lol

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your room's size did not meet your expectations; however, we are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that your bed made for an awesome stay. We are also pleased that our staff provided you with a quick, friendly check-in.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

When I checked in the guy gave me a room, after 3 days of staying there I got another 3-4 days and called the front desk and told the lady that I wanted to stay in that room and she said that would be fine. Had things to do the next morning and came back and get a pound at the door. The front desk lady was rude and told me that they were gonna call the cops because I was supposed to be gone so I went to front desk and told them I just spoke to another lady the night before and I had rented the room for 3-4 more days, and that I didnt appreciate being threatened to have the cops called on me. The girl then informed me that I had to pay extra for that room now and that she actually went in my room and looked around my stuff, and tryed to tell me know one was in room but I had my driver laying in there and she obviously didnt pay attention to the couch bed thing pulled out.... So I had to pay even more for that room for some odd reason and was threatened and after I came and complained all the sudden it showed that I had gotten the room for longer. The 2 ladys up there were very rude and unprofessional, I asked for a couple more wash clothes and got told I couldnt have them I had to only get what was in the room.
The room came with one wash cloth two towels no soap in bathroom or kitchen area, no coffee for the coffee pot, one little pan and thats it. This is the worst extended stay next to the one on Rundburg. I wont be staying here again and wont ever tell anyone to stay at this hotel, I usually always stay at the extended stays in my travels as I travel alot in my job, this one sucked and was very unpleasent. Very disappointed how ghetto and not up to par for supposably being in the arboretum area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is terrible. We waited till 5 to check in since our room was not ready. We still got the wrong room and it was considered an upgrade. 2 days later they force me to change rooms claiming they were booked up. They were not I looked it up myself on the computer. The ladies are lazy and always have a sign up that says be back in 5 minutes and I could hear them in the back socializing. The maid walked in my room at 8:30 am to clean and didn't even knock on my check out day. I would avoid this hotel like the plague. This place is run by ghetto people that care more about their fake nails amd fake hair. I wouldn't come back to this hotel If they paid me. Also the water main broke and no water on a hot june day for hours. The room they moved me too was across the property and nobody offered to help. Also no elevators or valets for your luggage. Stay away drom this rag tag operation.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The service issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bwiesner@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Arrived early and was cheerfully greeted and given an early check-in. Room was decent. Clean. But the hotel could use a bit of updating. The only window in the room faces the parking lot, so unless you want the whole world seeing your business, the shades will be shut for the entire stay. i didn't care for that.the a/c was a little tricky -- when on, the room was almost unbearably cold, but when it clicked off it got hot fast.

The room was not serviced for my entire stay. (3nights) I found that a bit surprising. Especially since I kept seeing housekeeping near my room. Oh well. Also, the "grab and go" breakfast is kind of a joke. Coffee, tea, wrapped muffins and instant oatmeal everyday.

I got a decent rate so there's that. And the location was convenient to restaurants, the arboretum and all the major highways. But next time, I think I'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Vanessa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our location during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the issues you encountered with your air conditioner. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this is properly addressed. As well, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The non smoking rooms REEKED of cigarette smoke.
The door locks were flimsy.
The carpets were filthy.
The staff was completely disinterested in helping.
The AC rattled the entire night even when off, and was extremely loud when on.
It took over 20 minutes for the front desk clerk to come to the desk upon check in.
The billing was incorrect at checkout and the front desk clerk said it "was not my problem" and turned her attention to the only other customer in the lobby.
I will never stay at this or any other Extended Stay location based solely on this horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Rhome, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were down for the Lone Star Roundup and made the reservations on the shadow site of Travelocity. Wasn't sure what we were gettin into not knowin the hotel or the area. I was surprised and pleased with the quality and service we received form the minute we stepped into the lobby. For all the naysayers out there about the area. We had No problems on property. There were also a lot of old custom cars out there that had no problems.

Great value for the price!!!!!! Would stay there again!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Allen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

If you are staying here bring your own sheets, bed spread and towels, pots and pans, coffee for the coffee maker. This hotel has been recently upgraded, so the furnishings are not bad. However, my room was missing several items, and the staff wasn't helpful. There aren't enough parking spaces for all the guests, so be prepared to park wherever you can and walk a long distance. Also, don't expect the staff to raise a finger to assist.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Jim – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that your room was not properly stocked prior to your arrival. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at Bur@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South? Share your experiences!