“Very nice room atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Waterford Centre Blvd., Austin, TX 78758 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Austin - Arboretum - South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #135 of 182 hotels in Austin
Rockford
“Very nice room atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Perhaps my room had been recently remodeled, I'm not sure, but all of the furnishings and decorating were very nice! The closet area was nice and big with wire rack shelves, the bed was comfortable with nice pillows, the TV was flat screen and decent sized, the wireless internet worked flawlessly and fast, the wood laminate flooring in kitchen and bathroom was in great shape, all appliances (full-size fridge, electric cooktop, microwave) seemed in very good condition....all-in-all it was a great place to stay, especially for single occupancy. The room was somewhat smaller than many I have stayed in, but was more than adequate for my needs.

It has exterior corridors, it does not have a pool or exercise room (at least I did not see one and was not informed of one, the small breakfast area is grab-and-go of mostly oatmeal varieties (which is exactly what I wanted anyways), with some fruit, pastries, coffee, etc. Housekeeping was not included for my short stay of 3 nights. But, this is all part of their value proposition -- they are clearly trying to target what the traveler is spending his/her money on.

So it comes down to what you want out of your stay. I did not require the additional activities and breakfast services that some travelers might want/need, and thanks to the lower price I did not wind up paying for things I was not going to use. As it turned out, I did not use the electric cooktop in the room, but it was nice to have the option. To me it was a great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that our renovated rooms and amenities made your trip comfortable and enjoyable. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the room and amenities and am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel.

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Belton, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The location is terrible, in the middle of highway intersections - loud and nothing decent around. I reserved a non-smoking deluxe room for 6 nights and the only one available had a terrible smoke smell. The staff said they cannot control who smokes in non-smoking room. I got a regular room, which is very small. I got ants in my bed and all over the bathroom. Yesterday, there was a lady with a van full of kids being handcuffed by two officers right by room (she was released after). And i paid $70/room.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Rafael - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the experience you had at our property. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning and odor elimination procedures moving forward. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. I am sorry that you had to witness police action at our hotel, but we take guest safety very seriously and will take action as needed.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at gmartin@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were shifted over to this hotel after another Extended Stay hotel we had reservations with (through Hotwire) bumped us out do to "overbooking". The room we were in was very clean and large. The two receptionists we dealt with were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast consisted of coffee, muffins, and granola bars. As we were there for 5 days, we did use the laundry facilities twice, which was clean and nice to have. Although the location is off a side road in an industrial area it is still close to restaurants, stores, and access to roads. I did complain about our room being a smoking room, the smell was strong and nasty. They offered us a smaller room but we ended up buying Lysol and air freshners instead. I give them a good rating because they took us in (at 10:00 pm), the room was clean, and it was a good location for our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know about the smoke smell in your room. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a nice, clean room and good customer service.

Lynn, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I use Extended Stay all the time but this location is one I'm avoiding in the future. Thankfully there's many other Extended Stay options in this area. My room was infested with insects on the third night so I had to move to a room that was filthy and had a very strong and disgusting smell. In the morning when I tried to check out, there was no one at the front desk and after waiting 10 minutes trying to get the attention of the staff that was in the back office chatting, I had to leave because I was going to be late for a meeting. I called back after my meeting to make sure I was not going to be charged for an extra night and after waiting for 20 minutes I was told to call another number. Extended Stay is a great concept, affordable, comfortable but avoid this location. By the way other reviews also mention problems with residual smoke in their rooms.

Room Tip: Yes, go to another hotel for a good room, not this one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that you had the issues with the room that made your stay less than great. Please accept my apology. I met with the staff, and we will retrain the front desk staff to ensure that the difficulty that you experienced in checking out is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at gmartin@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Enjoyed the two receptionists checking us in. The room had some residual smoke though a non-smoking room. Exposed carpet tacks made walking in bare feet painful. I felt I had to clean everything before touching.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South. I was very excited to hear about your experience with our front desk staff. Guest service is one of our top priorities. I was however disheartened to see that your stay had not been 100% satisfactory. Please understand how sorry I am for that. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a fair rate. Although it is unusual for you to have the experience that you did while staying with us, we will use your account to improve our hotel for future visits. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to understand how guests experience our rooms. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I sincerely hope that you allow us to prove to you that our efforts in response to your feedback will prove to bring the level of our service up to your standard.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My overall experience here was good. The only issue was there is a weird smell to the air/heat. It may be from mold? I am not sure. It was bearable though. I did have an issue with the door accidentally being left propped open during some maintenance in my room (I was notified of the maintenance ahead of time) but management addressed my concerns quickly and efficiently. I notified them very calmly and was not upset, just concerned that it happened. I ended up checking out early because I found an apartment quicker than I thought, and when I checked out I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they ended up lowering my shortened stay rate and reimbursing me for one of my nights. I did not ask or request this concession so it was real nice to receive it.

Though the location isn't the fanciest (it is located off the highway), the staff was very friendly and helpful, I felt safe, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Arboretum South. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three days and I do not regret it. At first, we were kind of skeptical when we saw the location of this hotel opposed to its sister hotels. Amazingly, from the time that we arrived and until our departure we enjoyed our selves. I think that some people are just too high-end! For where the economy is, their prices were great and the value. I am glad that we didn't have to spend a lot on a hotel and we did get to spend money on other things while we were in Austin. This hotel is far from a motel and is everything that you would need for a short or longer stay in Austin. Thank you management for great customer service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - South? Share your experiences!