The minute I walked into the lobby I encountered a foul smell. The second floor had a different, but almost equally foul, smell. The room itself smelled of chemicals, which was an improvement over the other areas of the hotel. The rooms are old; the mattress was old and had only a thin worn sheet on it (no mattress pad). The toilet made a very loud noise when flushing (I'm sure the people next door hated it just as much). The deadbolt lock would stick and made it difficult to get the door open if you used it. Basically, I felt like I didn't want to touch anything. I asked for an extra sheet so that I could have two sheets underneath me (because no matress pad) and one on top and not have to touch the blankets. The only positive things about this place, which DON'T balance out the negatives, are the location (central to S. Congress shops and restaurants, Barton Springs, downtown) and the friendly staff. The facility itself stinks (literally). The outside is very misleading; it looks fairly new, but the inside is gross.
This is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review on a hotel. It was THAT bad.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin
- Extended Stay America Austin
- Homestead Suites Austin
- Austin Homestead Suites
- Austin Homestead
- Homestead Austin
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.