“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   507 South First Street, Austin, TX 78704 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #130 of 183 hotels in Austin
Denver, Colorado
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

At the end of the day you need to be in the right spot. This hotel, for all its faults, is in the right location. Close enough to Zilker to ride, walk, or take a pedi-cab. 1.2 miles or so the back way to SoCo. Threadgills is a short walk. 1st street walking bridge is close to get downtown. Trail along Townlake close by. Good spot. The hotel less so. Not clean, carpets gross, average or worse hotel, but . . .

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

A perfect Home away from Home. Its walking distance to Congress Avenue atnd all of its really delightful offerings. However, you are not paying those ridiculous prices being charged by other places on the strip that do not even offer an complete efficiency. It is very clean and safe and did feel a lot like home.

Room Tip: Just be nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Carbondale, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family of three stayed for several nights in a room with a queen and pullout sofa bed, and a kitchen. The room was really cramped for this many people, especially because of a rather small closet and no dresser, and especially with the sofa pulled out for sleeping. Also, the pullout was very uncomfortable. But the room rate was less than for other accomodations in the same area, about a 1/2 mile walk from downtown. There are several restaurants only a block away. There is ample free parking for guests in a lot that seems fairly secure.

The kitchen had the barest assortment of china, utensils, and cooking supplies that I have ever encountered in an accomodation advertising kitchen facilities, although the stove, microwave oven, and refrigerator were satisfactory. The room had a wall mounted air conditioner that kept the room at a set temperature, but was noisier than a cental unit. Otherwise, the place was quiet except for occasional load mouthed people in the hallway outside the room, and had daily cleaning and towel replacement by staff.

I wouldn't rule out staying there again, but I would first check the prices at some other hotels in the hope of finding something with a nicer room for not much greater cost.

Room Tip: Get one with sufficient beds for everyone, rather than a pull-out sofa bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Again, I am sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a nice hotel for a quick visit to go to 6th Street. The staff was nice, efficient and helpful during check-in and check-out. The beds were hard but outside of that everything was fine. There wasn’t a lot of noise, the taxis came through often, but the hallways could use some airing out. Things were a little stuffy. They only had a smoking room available, but the smell was not overwhelming. The AC was great, it worked perfectly, the refrigerator was clean and cold, the TV had as the channels you’ll need and the shower had great water pressure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it is rewarding to know that we were able to do just that for you! Please do accept my apologies about the bed. Our company polled guests around the country in order to make an educated decision on which type to place in the rooms. It seems that they are not perfect for everyone; however, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We loved having you as our guest!

It would be our pleasure to have you visit with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Thank you once more for your kind words.
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked a last-minute room with Homestead Suites and found the front desk staff to be kind and helpful. Our room had a king sized bed and a double pull-out couch. Both were comfortable and the air conditioning was fine. The bathroom could use a touch up as the toilet seat was chipped and looked a bit beat up. Besides that, it was an over all fine stay and the kitchenette was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, August 23, 2012

Alvin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I wanted a hotel close to downtown without spending a fortune, and Homestead Suites filled the bill. Yes, the bed could have been more comfortable and the room better furnished, but I don't go to Austin to hang out in a hotel and after a full day of fun, I slept just fine. The room was clean, I felt safe, and all the employees I spoke to were super friendly. Between the excellent rate I got on Priceline and free parking, it couldn't be beat!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wow... it's bad. The rooms are fairly beat-up - matted down carpet, rough comforters and generally dingy throughout. I found long black hair in my bathroom, and there was visible mildew throughout the tub and tile. The air conditioning in my and my friend's room was louder than was acceptable - making a shuddering noise when it turned off. Windows did not have sheers, so it was either full exposure to the outside world, or feeling as if you were in a cave. When I woke up in the morning, we walked outside of my room to find a random individual passed out face-down on the carpet. I told the front desk, and they immediately took care of it, but I had to wonder how long the guy was lying there. For the same price, there are too many other options in the area that are far better...

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

As well, I am sorry to hear that your AC unit did not work as expected. I have contacted Maintenance who are now working on the machines to ensure the same experience does not happen again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake? Share your experiences!