My family of three stayed for several nights in a room with a queen and pullout sofa bed, and a kitchen. The room was really cramped for this many people, especially because of a rather small closet and no dresser, and especially with the sofa pulled out for sleeping. Also, the pullout was very uncomfortable. But the room rate was less than for other accomodations in the same area, about a 1/2 mile walk from downtown. There are several restaurants only a block away. There is ample free parking for guests in a lot that seems fairly secure.
The kitchen had the barest assortment of china, utensils, and cooking supplies that I have ever encountered in an accomodation advertising kitchen facilities, although the stove, microwave oven, and refrigerator were satisfactory. The room had a wall mounted air conditioner that kept the room at a set temperature, but was noisier than a cental unit. Otherwise, the place was quiet except for occasional load mouthed people in the hallway outside the room, and had daily cleaning and towel replacement by staff.
I wouldn't rule out staying there again, but I would first check the prices at some other hotels in the hope of finding something with a nicer room for not much greater cost.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Homestead Studio Suites Austin
- Extended Stay America Austin
- Homestead Suites Austin
- Austin Homestead Suites
- Austin Homestead
- Homestead Austin
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, EasyToBook, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Extended Stay and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.