“Location is great, bed not so much” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   507 South First Street, Austin, TX 78704 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #143 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Boulder, Colorado
“Location is great, bed not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here to watch the amazing 4th of July fireworks and Symphony show that Austin puts on every year. The hotel was two blocks away from the park where the fireworks were displayed which made for easy walking and no mess of driving out during the big rush! Location of the hotel is the best feature. Especially nice was the cost of the hotel compared to other hotels that were similar distances from the fireworks display - this hotel was about 60% of the cost of the other hotels, plus free parking and a full kitchen. Those perks were great, but the comfort of the bed was my one big complaint. I did not sleep well. The bed was harder than I've seen at even the cheapest hotels. For a place fitting the extended-stay crowd, having a bed worth staying for would be a draw for me.... If location is key, stay here, but I wouldn't stay more than an overnight trip. The bed comfort isn't worth the cost saved. Hotel staff were overwhelmed and understaffed for an evening check-in. Bathroom was mostly clean, but still could use some work. A used pair of contact lenses was left on the nightstands - a clue to how thorough the room was cleaned?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was able to get a great rate for this room on priceline. It's about a mile walk to 6th st. I felt totally safe 1am in the morning. For the cheap rate I wasn't expecting much, just wanted to hang out dt w/o and not pay a lot. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bathroom did have some mildew, but the water was hot and I had soap. lol.

If you want a cheap room w/in walking distance to 6th, this is it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Indian Head, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were mostly clean. The kitchen area needed a little work. The windows opened which was nice. Great location. Close to downtown, and near a lot of restaurants.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Lake Charles, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I just recently stayed at Homestead Suites and it was a good experience. This hotel is worth its money. The hotel staff was very helpful and very kind. The hotel was clean and neat. It may not be immaculate but it was very comfortable. The Wi-Fi was a little tricky but it is not the hotel's fault it's the cable service. The location is really nice and within walking distance from some nice entertainment. The only thing I think they need is some new pillows. budgettravelconquest.agentarc.com

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is my forth stay and each time it is a pleasant experience. For the price I cant complain it meets my expecations.

Room Tip: call and book your room through expedia.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Houston, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Sub-par hotel and staff. If you like courtesy and helpfulness, don't stay here! If you like having to call back repeatedly to see if you can check in only one hour early, if you like stained carpeting, if you like the staff to "throw away" brand new bottles of face and hair products accidently left less than 24 hours after your stay, and if you like less than friendly employees, I encourage you to stay here. Way too much money for this kind of experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Dunedin, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Despite indicating on my reservation that I would be arriving after midnight (Including the flight number), I arrived to find no way of checking in. An abandoned desk and no answer on any number we could find was not appreciated after 37 hours travelling from NZ. There were six other people in the same predicament - none had been notified of an 11pm check-in requirement. After nearly two hours we eventually roused a manager who was intially unimpressed that we were there but eventually checked us in. This took a futher 35 minutes. A very tired boy got to bed at 2:30am (which made an 8am conference start an interesting experience).
The room was OK. (TV remote wouldn't turn off TV, noisiest fridge in the world). Location OK - 17 minute walk to Convention Centre (I picked it for this reason - I enjoy the walk).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake? Share your experiences!