“Not bad but could be better.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   507 South First Street, Austin, TX 78704 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #133 of 184 hotels in Austin
Indian Head, Maryland
“Not bad but could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were mostly clean. The kitchen area needed a little work. The windows opened which was nice. Great location. Close to downtown, and near a lot of restaurants.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I just recently stayed at Homestead Suites and it was a good experience. This hotel is worth its money. The hotel staff was very helpful and very kind. The hotel was clean and neat. It may not be immaculate but it was very comfortable. The Wi-Fi was a little tricky but it is not the hotel's fault it's the cable service. The location is really nice and within walking distance from some nice entertainment. The only thing I think they need is some new pillows. budgettravelconquest.agentarc.com

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is my forth stay and each time it is a pleasant experience. For the price I cant complain it meets my expecations.

Room Tip: call and book your room through expedia.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Houston, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Sub-par hotel and staff. If you like courtesy and helpfulness, don't stay here! If you like having to call back repeatedly to see if you can check in only one hour early, if you like stained carpeting, if you like the staff to "throw away" brand new bottles of face and hair products accidently left less than 24 hours after your stay, and if you like less than friendly employees, I encourage you to stay here. Way too much money for this kind of experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Dunedin, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Despite indicating on my reservation that I would be arriving after midnight (Including the flight number), I arrived to find no way of checking in. An abandoned desk and no answer on any number we could find was not appreciated after 37 hours travelling from NZ. There were six other people in the same predicament - none had been notified of an 11pm check-in requirement. After nearly two hours we eventually roused a manager who was intially unimpressed that we were there but eventually checked us in. This took a futher 35 minutes. A very tired boy got to bed at 2:30am (which made an 8am conference start an interesting experience).
The room was OK. (TV remote wouldn't turn off TV, noisiest fridge in the world). Location OK - 17 minute walk to Convention Centre (I picked it for this reason - I enjoy the walk).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Pontiac, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

They gave away the room we had reserved even though we just called to let them know we were coming. The other room was okay. Location is good for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

As an extended stay lodging company, we have many guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. We work hard to prevent these changes from affecting other guests. However, in extremely rare cases like yours, a sudden increase in guests extending their stays without notice causes a shortage of rooms available for arriving guests. Even though our standard policy when we are unable to honor a reservation is such that we find you a new accommodation and pay for your first night's stay, I understand how inconvenient the situation was for you.

Deer Park, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here after completing the MS-150 (04/22/12). I booked this hotel through Hotwire and then experienced buyer's remorse after seeing the unfavorable reviews on this site. I needn't have worried--the staff was friendly, and we were upgraded to a King room because the all the Queen rooms were taken (mostly by very tired cyclists like me). Sure, the carpets could use an upgrade and there was a slight smoky smell in the hallway, but the room was comfortable, clean and quiet and you couldn't beat the location. Threadgill's is right across the street so we were able walk to supper! We plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake? Share your experiences!