I stayed here for one night on a recent trip to Houston. This hotel is an absolute gem in the heart of downtown Austin. It looked a little old in the photos I viewed online prior to arrival but in real life, I was delighted to see that everything felt high quality, elegant, clean and not at all dated. Our room was spacious. I loved the amenities, the large marble bathroom and especially the vanity (complete with makeup bench and a variety of mirrors!) Complimentary coffee in the morning and fruit water the rest of the day was an added touch. Free wifi was available in the lobby and it would have been great if it was available free in the room but that would be my only minor qualm.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- Intercontinental Stephen f Austin
- Intercontinental Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affectionately known as the 'Stephen F' by native Austinites, the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin has been part of the city scene for more than 60 years. A central location three blocks from the Capitol puts you within walking distance of the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, the University of Texas and the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Stephen F. Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.