“Friendly & clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South

Save Saved
You added Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4701 South I-35, Austin, TX 78744 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Austin - University of Texas) (South Austin)   |
Ranked #97 of 184 hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Friendly & clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I recently stayed in the Red Roof Inn south for an entire week. The front desk staff was wonderful and rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was greeted with smiling faces every time I went to the front desk and when checking out. Sabrina was very helpful in the morning and Tammi was excellent as well. The security was on site 24 hours and made their presence know but watching everyone.
I will return to this hotel again.

cons: Hotel walls are thin and I could hear other people when walking by the front door. Weekends were busy but never a problem with any hotel amenities.

Room Tip: pool is very clean!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for leaving your comments. We truly appreciate your feedback and happy that you enjoyed staying at our newly renovated property. Our staff will be thrilled that you mentioned them in your review and I will ensure they are aware of your compliments. Best Regards and hope to see you again soon!

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to the inn late at night. The staff were friendly even at the time. When we opened the door to our room, it didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell that great either. Turned on the lights, one of the beds weren't made completely (suspicious... Good thing we bring our own sheets). The beds were comfortable though. The renovations made the room clean. The air conditioning was loud; on and off every 10/15 minutes. The toilets made that loud leaky warning sound all night. Overall, for the price, the inn was great.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us see what our guests experience. We will be addressing the issues you mentioned to prevent another incident like this from occurring again. We strive to ensure our guests are satisfied and comfortable in our brand new rooms and hope that you will return again and see us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

It has been completely remodeled, with finished floors, which makes the room feel 10 times cleaner, than nicer hotels with carpet. It is very up to date & beautiful. Sharieff was very friendly & professional! Anytime we needed anything, they gave it to us right away. The overall stay was great, i would most definetly recommend staying here, it feels just as nice, if not nicer than most expensive hotels. I plan on coming to austin more often & staying here every time!

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings and thank you for your very nice comments about our newly renovated inn. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review online and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We drove all night from California and arrived at the Red Roof Inn Austin South at 6 am. I asked if we could check in early even if we had to pay for the room. Sherief said that the earliest a room would be open was @9 am but he would have to clear it with management. We came back at 9 and Sabrina was working the desk, they had a room ready with a key and my name on it. I was so glad to get to check in early at no cost and the customer service was some of the best customer service that I have ever had at a hotel. Ill definitely stay at a RRI again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your review online. I am ecstatic to hear of how well our staff took care of your needs. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations at an affordable price and our newly renovated rooms add extra value to the mix. We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you very soon. Thank you again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a Sunday noon meeting with my association and was just going to drive up that morning but a the weekend approached decided I'd see if I could get a decent rate/room via Priceline. I got the Red Roof Inn Austin South and was happy as I had stayed there a couple times in the past. I got a deluxe king room, newly remodeled with laminate floor, Euro-style fixtures, spacious with desk area also.
I think the RRI is much nicer than its star rating implies, and folks that don't like it need to spend more if they're not happy. For a very reasonable rate, I got a nice room, good wifi, free parking right outside the door, and courteous and helpful service from the front desk.
My only negatives are that my room on the highway side is a bit noisy, but I'm a sound sleeper so no biggie. It's also right on the feeder street of I-35 but the exits/intersections are far apart on that stretch, so getting to the hotel requires some backtracking.
I would stay there again and suggest to anyone looking for budget accomodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brandon, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good:
The air conditioning. That is all.

Bad:
Ants in the room.
Worst internet I've ever seen.
Room service doesn't work unless you complain.
Next to 5 other hotels that you should gladly look at first.

I guess if you plan on going on a family trip and only care to sleep then stay. If it is a business trip and you need internet (like most people now on business trips) then don't bother. It takes a good 5 minutes to load a page and that is if it doesn't timeout first.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tehachapi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Newly remodeled, still a slight whiff of clean paint. very nice room, reasonable price. Loved hosts Sharif and Elias...they were so welcoming, recommended a great place for a Texas steak. would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South? Share your experiences!