“Decent for one night's stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South

Save Saved
You added Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4701 South I-35, Austin, TX 78744 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Austin - University of Texas) (South Austin)   |
Ranked #102 of 182 hotels in Austin
“Decent for one night's stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were old but seemed clean. The blankets were worn out and the pillows were lumpy. They didn't have extra pillows and blankets at the desk. But for the price it's hard to complain. At least it was clean. Great customer service from shereif at the front desk. He really tried to accommodate us!

• Stayed August 2012
Redroofaustin, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I am happy you found your room clean and great customer service. We have taking measures with our security company to ensure unacceptable disturbances are corrected immediately, thank you for bringing that to our attention. I have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you on your next travels through Austin.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Abilene, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good price, good location, decent rooms, excellent service. We checked in on a Friday and the staff that checked us in seemed generally interested in making our stay a good one. Everyone seemed very nice. Compared to the other hotels in the area, the price at the Red Roof was great. You have easy access to 290/71 and I-35. The room was bigger than expected and very clean. The beds left something to be desired, but were acceptable.

There were a few things that made us uncomfortable. When we first pulled up in the parking lot, we found that a couple of the parking spaces around front were occupied with folks sitting down drinking on a couple cases of beers. I couldn't say with 100% certainty if they were members of staff or not, but I do know that the "party" got bigger and moved to the back of the parking lot later that evening as we were returning from dinner. I like a good party, but I'm just not sure having it in a hotel parking lot when patrons are trying to park is a good idea. Also, on Friday and Saturday nights the noise level was pretty bad. We had a tough time sleeping both nights and it was a running joke that we were staying at the "Red Roof Club". Sunday night the hotel was a totally different animal. There was no noise and we were able to get in a good sleep.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again, but not on a weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This Red Roof is not really anything special in terms of appearance or location. However, an evening manager by the name of Sherief B made our stay as close to first class as possible by going above and beyond the call of duty in many aspects. Just to give an example, one evening he extended the pool hours for an extra half hour then proceeded to bri ng everyone fresh towells poolside. Thanks again you really made a great impression!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Redroofaustin, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback on the customer service Sherief provided during your stay.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I checked-in at this Red Roof Inn on the night of the 26th of June for three nights.The hotel is located 10 minutes south of 6th Street and right off I-35.It's clean,rates are reasonable,and close to different highways that one can use to get to where they desire to go with ease.The staff is very friendly and helpful.I would stay here on the next trip to Austin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stay at different hotels frequently and out of all of them, this one has the best staff!!! The best out of them, so the best of the best, is Sabrina the front desk lady!!!! No one has ever made me feel so welcome like she has since the first time I came to stay here. She makes sure I'm happy and satisfied with every night of stay and always has a smile on her face! Sabrina rocks my socks!!!! I never want to stay at a different hotel again; I've finally found my second home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing information on your stay, and how welcome Sabrina made you feel. I will be sure to share this with Sabrina and the rest of the team. Thank you Robert Schreier, GM Red Roof Inn Austin South.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've stayed here twice this month June 2012 and the service is great. Sabrina at the front desk was courteous, professional and very nice. The rooms could use some remolding but you get what you pay for. I must admit the service has been wonderful. Twice I've needed items and the service was always willing to assist. Not sure of the other reviews but the service has been good to me. I've stayed on a Wednesday and on a Friday.

If you need just a quick place to rest and maybe a dip in the pool. Nothing fancy just mediocre, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor seem to be cleaner.