“Don't count on early check in!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8221 North I-35, Austin, TX 78753 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Austin - North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #168 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Austin
“Don't count on early check in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a client in town to look at real estate. They wanted to check in before we got busy. The clerk said that the room wasn't ready and we would have to wait 15 to 20 minutes. We thought that would not be long and felt they might have the room ready even quicker. Wrong! The clerk made them wait until 3 o'clock check in time, a 45 minute wait. Miraculously all the rooms were ready at 3 o'clock! I don't get it, why make a customer wait? Obviously it was not a ready issue. House keeping shouldn't take 45 minuets to make a bed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the wait time for checking in is truly regrettable. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will train our staff to be more resourceful and efficient in checking guest into the hotel. We are very sorry. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at AMT@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pleasant Hill, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at Extended Stay Austin, North Central from May 9-13, 2013. Room was fine, bed comfortable, carpets a little worn and looked not so clean. But overall for the price it was fine. I'm not totally picky and usually fine if room is clean.

Room Tip: One thing though...if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway beca...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

day staff are argumentative and rude. I was only contacted regarding paying my bill which was always wrong. I was charged for another rooms fees and was spoken down to by Colette and Martin at the front desk when I seeked clarification.
Never once did they offer to clean my roim in the ELEVEN nights I was a guest.
They charged my friends credit card Without Authorization.
My room key was deactivated at least 7 times during my stay.
Absolutely THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced.
THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG HERE..

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the staff not being able to attend to your needs appropriately. Please know, Colette and Martin were only trying to help you; however, I am disheartened to hear that their communications were not executed in the best way possible. As well, we did charge a third party credit card, per the authorized form, for your first 2-nights at the hotel as requested. After that, payments were scheduled as your stay was extended. I am sorry if that message was not conveyed properly. We would never charge a card without the proper authorization first.

Again, please accept our most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced while staying with us. We hope you had a good stay overall and will join us again at any one of our brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this hotel through Expedia and was initially kind of wary of what it would look.
Our stay was very pleasant and it exceeded our expectation.
The check-in was smooth and easy. The attendant was friendly and helpful.
Our room was pretty spacious with a full kitchen (full fridge, pots and pans, plates, bowls, cups, silver wares, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and a coffee maker, a living room (that can be converted to another sleeping area), a bedroom, and a bathroom space (only bar soap is provided, you need to bring your own shampoo and and conditioner; they also have irons and hairdryer).
A grab and go breakfast is provided between 6 AM - 9.30 AM. They serve apples, oranges, instant oatmeal, coffee, tea, cocoa, muffins, and granola bars.
Plenty of parking space. We didn't get to use their swimming pool or fitness center.
We were locked out of our room one night and the manager swiftly resolved the situation.
Though the carpet needs a little touch up and the air needs to be freshened up, our overall stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

so me and my two friends checked in at about 11 pm we went up to our room opened the door and we saw a bag on the counter then a the sudden we hear someone say hello? SOMEONE WAS SLEEPING IN OUR ROOM! so my friends ran down the hall and I stayed in case this person wanted to know why we broke into their room. but instead he locked the door. so we go downstairs and tell the lady at the from desk that she booked us someone's room and all she said was sorry. didn't offer a discount or refund or anything! then she says there is only one room available so we take it and we ask if if is non smoking because we wanted a non smoking. so we get to our room and there are cigarette burns in the bathroom and on the countertops in the kitchen area. and the floor was really sticky! so we decide to go downstairs to the vending machine and when we get in the elevator three other people get in with us and the three people all have blunts in their hands. it smelled like weed in the elevator and in the lobby. so we go into the vending machine room and the vending machine doesn't take quarters. overall it was just a very weird expierence. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty funny considering I'm 18 and it was my first time being in a hotel without an adult. so my friends and I thought the whole thing was hilarious but yeah the hotel was pretty bad.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding being checked into an already occupied room is truly regrettable. In addition, we are very sorry for your experience you encountered with some of our other guests. Your comments were reviewed by the entire staff, and we will make sure everyone is aware of the need to inform Management when we have a guest practicing these types of activities in our hotel. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at amt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Thank you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

First we did a reservation for a non smoking room and as we cheked in late, the reception guy told us that they just had one room left and it was a smoking one, and if we didn't want it, we nedded to look for another hotel, so at 10pm, we didn't have a choice but stay. When we first opened  the door, the most shocking thing was the cigar odor mixed with air refreshner odor, it was just nasty. Then the sofa bed was really dirty and smelly. I think that the worse part was when I took off my shoes and putted my barefeet on the carpet... SO sticky, like it has never been cleaned. It was just the worse hotel room that I have ever been in. Then in the morning, when went to have "breakfast"  there was just coffee, hot water, apples, baby muffins and oatmeal to go. That was it. So I was thirsty and I asked the clerk for water, as simple as a glass of  water and the answer was: 'you have a filter in the sink in your room'... and I didn't wanted to go back to that nasty room. So that was it. Worse hotel ever!

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Veronica - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that the room type you booked was not available at your time of check-in. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to be working on how to handle reservation requests moving forward. In addition, I have met with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make them aware of the guest room issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

I really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at amt @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After eleven months staying at that hotel, I realized how bad were Robert and Martin as Managers for that location.

When I move out, I forgot to take with me an expensive jacket, a watch, and some other items.

After taking to Martin, and getting his assurance that they will hold the jacket for me; when my GF went to pick it they sais that they have never saw it.

Then, after complaining to HQ, they change their story to authorized them to throw it in the garbage.

I just recommend people to stay away from Stay America; there are better hotels where things just do not disappear???

Shame on the Hotel Managers, and the Regional Managers that do not investigate things properly

Last thing, area is surrounded with a high crime and drug addicts.

Room Tip: No Spa, no restaurant, do not try to walk around the area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your items were not located after you checked out of the hotel. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am retraining our housekeeping staff about our lost and found practices. You also mentioned the area was unsafe, we as a management team are working diligently to ensure the safety of our guests and take the necessary precautions to maintain the area. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central? Share your experiences!