“Worst ESA I've stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12424 Research Blvd., Austin, TX 78759   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #142 of 187 Hotels in Austin
“Worst ESA I've stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our extended stay just never worked out here and I'm going to try to stay as objective in this review as possible. Our length of stay was about three months for work.
Pros: nice room with comfortable accommodations. That's about it. Really was one of the nicer rooms at ESA we've seen.
Cons:
Arrived day one and didn't have a room ,that was reserved,and sent to another facility for a night.

After being in our room for three days we were told to move to another room so our room could be remodeled. Which ended up being a 5 day ordeal.

Our car was burglarized along with several others. No video surveillance in lot. Just one camera at the desk.

Police at facility frequently for disturbances, & criminal complaints.

Construction crew got paint overspray all over our car. Which wouldn't have been terrible if someone at the facility would have helped to take care of it. Instead they ignored me for two weeks. It was fixed after two months of calls and messages.

Management is rarely on site, and staff can answer no questions or help with issues without them. I actually spoke with a manager a handful of times and was told that the manager works 10-3 m-f. Great hours!

Erin the manger was of no help when I did speak with her. Just said sorry a lot and never followed through with anything. Brandy the regional manager was not much more help. If I had a nickel for every time someone said " I'll call you right back in ten minutes" and subsequently never responded, I'd have a big bag of nickels!

Water leak that after being reported went on for one week. After multiple reports to staff it was finally fixed in two minutes, after it had started leaking from multiple areas and ruined the ceiling in the kitchen.

The rooms along the front of the hotel are loud! The noise from the highway is seriously loud and no amount of insulation will keep it out.

Reported broken dresser and door hinges day two that were never repaired.

The biggest complaint I have out if everything is the horrible customer service. If they would return a call or even be available when I call or come to the desk I would be happy. If it's a weekend or after 6-7 pm then getting anyone to help out is gonna be hard. If your looking for staff they can sometimes be found outside behind the hotel on the phone or smoking. Other times they seem to hide somewhere, which like a said before wouldn't be terrible if they would just answer the phone.

I could continue but seriously there is no need. I've stayed at ESA's for work assignments across the USA for over one year and this is the worst of them yet.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Petaluma, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

That's what my friend said of our room. Luckily, she was wrong. We had no light in our bedroom, our phone line was dead. Staff was unprofessional. They never helped me get a lamp for our room but did a fantastic job wasting my time. Everyone who works here is completely apathetic about their jobs, and I can't say I blame them, because from what I could see the place is very poorly managed. The rooms aren't dirty or anything, but they are not in good condition and certainly should not qualify as "newly renovated." Don't stay here. Don't.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Conroe, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I decided to go to Austin this past weekend Feb. 1st thru 2nd 2014 I made arragements to stay in Extended Stay America again. I booked through priceline.com. This time I stayed at the one you are in the process of remodeling at 12424 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759. My room was very clean and updated. The only complain I had was the people above me were very noisy. I called down to the front desk and complained. Within 10 or 15 min the noise stopped. I am a single woman and felt safe.

Room Tip: If I stay again I will request 3rd floor not facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about your overall positive experience at our hotel. I am happy that you found your room to be comfortable and clean. As well, it's great to hear that you felt safe during your stay, as guest safety is one of our top priorities. Still, I apologize that you experienced some noise disturbances; however, I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ANR@extendedstay.com. I hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our hotel brand locations in the future.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Read every bad review about cleanliness, poor service, bad behavior by staff and management, rudeness, poor management and multiply it by ten. Not a safe or comfortable place, nothing works even after putting up with months of inconvenience caused by horribly done renovation. It really is a bad place, do yourself a favor and stay away.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience during your stay with us. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning services, the customer service they provide and our safety standards. I can assure you that guest safety is a number one priority, so we will take action as needed to ensure all of our guests are comfortable at our hotel moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ANR@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

It is a typical Extended Stay budget hotel - this has a pool which was good and was maintained well. The Gym was also well kept. The rooms were typical - averagely maintained with old and beaten carpet. Kitchen had all the basic needs addressed. Overall no complaints. All in all the stay was good. Front desk helped me with my travel and food arrangements as much as was possible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our staff was able to help you find your way around the area during your stay. We are currently refreshing our rooms with new carpet and flooring to make it a better way to stay.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The corridors are smoke filled from people smoking in the hall and stairwell landings. There is a loud group that congregates on the patio in the wee hours of the morning. Kids running up and down the hallway after midnight. Grounds and building are dirty with trash not being picked up. Water was cut of on Monday and again on Wednesday for plumbing renovations. No hot water from 11:00 Monday morning until 7:00 or so Tuesday morning. No hot water from 11:00 Wednesday morning until after 11:30 Tuesday. When I called the front desk I was rudely informed that "they hoped that the water would be on soon". Management is nowhere to be seen. Morning front desk shift is rude while the afternoon shift is pleasant. Housekeepers bring children along to help clean rooms-a no no.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Filth, smelly, depressing, old, total lack of management. Police are called daily with crime issues, management ignores all issues and stays hidden either smoking or hidden doing no idea what, because it clearly doesn't show. Towels, when they have them, are covered in hair. A smoke plume, musty cooking smells, no porter, stained carpeting from housekeeping dragging trash down the halls and letting it sit for 8 hours a day if not longer. No trash pick up in the stairwells, which has bugs and smells horrible. Dog poop on the fire stairs, never cleaned up. The building will be downgraded to military colors with out of date depressing rooms starting in November and lasting until at least january, and they don't care if it disturbs guests, their only concern is collecting money. Horrible place overgrown with filth and no one cares.

Room Tip: stay away frrom the trash corners.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park? Share your experiences!