You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12424 Research Blvd., Austin, TX 78759   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #155 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Pueblo, Colorado
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Management...Below average Not friendly at all. Disciplined staff in of guest "I am the manager!" No one spoke unless spoken too first.
Cleanliness...Way below average Black mold in the grout in the tub Stains in the carpet Musty smell in the rooms Hallways smelled terrible Dirty wet floors at exit Trash and nails in parking lot
Breakfast... Frequently out of Good coffee Breakfast bars, packaged oatmeal, apples and bad oranges - not a good way to start the day
Other... Stained towels Noisy pool area late at night Unsupervised children No one at reception desk or answering phone Poor cable reception Very slow "high speed" Wifi
Simply put, I will not be staying here EVER again

Room Tip: Second or third floor on the north or west side away from the freeway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Puebla, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I made my reservation 5 months in advance and 1 day before I arrived they just send an e-mail telling that they do not have the room I booked available so they just gave a smaller room at the same rate. the worst part was that when I did the check in in the balance there were a note say "DO NOT REFER TO ERIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" Erin is the Manager, she did not show up. how disappointing. and Monica the front desk assistant in the firs shift was rude, they gave us terrible service

The room was really dirty the do not vacuum the aisles the elevator was dusty and stinky. The room wasn´t clean neither

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was good. My only 2 complaints were that the hall ways smelled like cigarette smoke and the wifi didn't work. Other than that the room was decent. I would stay again. The location was great. Close to alot of stores, restuarants and freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that the WiFi was not working properly during your stay and that there was a smoke odor in our hallways. Our maintenance staff is currently working to correct these issues so that they do not affect our future guests. Still, I am glad that you liked your room and our convenient location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was amazed at how at home I felt while staying here. Staff was excellent at getting us settled in and that's very helpful for my autistic son who's 6. I so look forward to staying here again soon as the location is great. Lots of shopping close by. Loved the pool as well. Great opportunity for my son to socialize as there were some really nice kids around to swim and play with. I highly recommend this hotel for it's great rooms,affordable price, and attentive and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt at home during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your kind words about the hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This charming hotel has everything that a traveler need, but most of all the courtyard and pool area is quite inviting, an oasis during the hot summer days of Austin. with two giant oak trees and a well organize and clean environment.
It really refreshes the mind and relaxes the body after a long day at work. I have been a travelling RN for more than 10 years now and a global back packer for almost 20 years. Believe me, I know a seasoned hotel and staff when I see one...And this is one of them. Thanks to Amalia at the reception desk for her hospitality and speedy assistance, and all the diligent staff that keeps this charming Austin Oasis, pristine and accommodating. Keep up the good work and Cheers!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a courtyard view. Quite nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our lovely pool and courtyard area. As well, it is really wonderful to know that our staff provided you with such great customer service, especially Amalia.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Loved the room and the view....price well worth the stay! Kitchen a plus with kids...full size fridge! could use a larger sleeper sofa which would make it more worth while. Do ask for a room with doors between living room and king bed, that would be nicer.... Easy access to Mopac and 183 etc... Shopping, food etc all near as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback. I'm glad that you appreciated our lovely poolside view and the other amenities we offer at our hotel. As well, I am very happy that you found your room to be comfortable and our location to be convenient.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews. I spent a weekend here June 7-9, visiting family in the area. The room on the 3rd floor was clean, great air conditioning, sparsely stocked but adequate kitchen with a small but full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and 2 burner cooktop. The staff was welcoming and friendly. I did not use the pool, and although I checked out the "Grab & Go" breakfast, the offerings were just prepackaged granola bars and cereal, so don't count on even a bagel. I chose this hotel because it was convenient to where I needed to be. I was hesitant after reading the reviews, but it was great for the price and my purpose, and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jordan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and considered it a great value. It also great that you found our hotel to be conveniently located right near where you needed to be on a daily basis.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park? Share your experiences!