Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12424 Research Blvd., Austin, TX 78759   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #162 of 184 Hotels in Austin
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I made my reservation 5 months in advance and 1 day before I arrived they just send an e-mail telling that they do not have the room I booked available so they just gave a smaller room at the same rate. the worst part was that when I did the check in in the balance there were a note say "DO NOT REFER TO ERIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" Erin is the Manager, she did not show up. how disappointing. and Monica the front desk assistant in the firs shift was rude, they gave us terrible service

The room was really dirty the do not vacuum the aisles the elevator was dusty and stinky. The room wasn´t clean neither

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was good. My only 2 complaints were that the hall ways smelled like cigarette smoke and the wifi didn't work. Other than that the room was decent. I would stay again. The location was great. Close to alot of stores, restuarants and freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that the WiFi was not working properly during your stay and that there was a smoke odor in our hallways. Our maintenance staff is currently working to correct these issues so that they do not affect our future guests. Still, I am glad that you liked your room and our convenient location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was amazed at how at home I felt while staying here. Staff was excellent at getting us settled in and that's very helpful for my autistic son who's 6. I so look forward to staying here again soon as the location is great. Lots of shopping close by. Loved the pool as well. Great opportunity for my son to socialize as there were some really nice kids around to swim and play with. I highly recommend this hotel for it's great rooms,affordable price, and attentive and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt at home during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your kind words about the hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This charming hotel has everything that a traveler need, but most of all the courtyard and pool area is quite inviting, an oasis during the hot summer days of Austin. with two giant oak trees and a well organize and clean environment.
It really refreshes the mind and relaxes the body after a long day at work. I have been a travelling RN for more than 10 years now and a global back packer for almost 20 years. Believe me, I know a seasoned hotel and staff when I see one...And this is one of them. Thanks to Amalia at the reception desk for her hospitality and speedy assistance, and all the diligent staff that keeps this charming Austin Oasis, pristine and accommodating. Keep up the good work and Cheers!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a courtyard view. Quite nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our lovely pool and courtyard area. As well, it is really wonderful to know that our staff provided you with such great customer service, especially Amalia.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Loved the room and the view....price well worth the stay! Kitchen a plus with kids...full size fridge! could use a larger sleeper sofa which would make it more worth while. Do ask for a room with doors between living room and king bed, that would be nicer.... Easy access to Mopac and 183 etc... Shopping, food etc all near as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback. I'm glad that you appreciated our lovely poolside view and the other amenities we offer at our hotel. As well, I am very happy that you found your room to be comfortable and our location to be convenient.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews. I spent a weekend here June 7-9, visiting family in the area. The room on the 3rd floor was clean, great air conditioning, sparsely stocked but adequate kitchen with a small but full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and 2 burner cooktop. The staff was welcoming and friendly. I did not use the pool, and although I checked out the "Grab & Go" breakfast, the offerings were just prepackaged granola bars and cereal, so don't count on even a bagel. I chose this hotel because it was convenient to where I needed to be. I was hesitant after reading the reviews, but it was great for the price and my purpose, and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jordan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and considered it a great value. It also great that you found our hotel to be conveniently located right near where you needed to be on a daily basis.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Let me start by saying I didn’t make the reservation here, and I never will. My company made the reservation for a week-long training. Our party had four rooms, and the hotel did a great job booking us close together. Check in was problematic because they could not find us by name, but the staff were friendly and accommodating, but only to a point.

When I first entered my room, I was bowled over by the smell of bug spray. I tried to open the windows, and wished I had a winch. When I did open them, the smell of diesel from the parking lot and roar of traffic on 183 sent me downstairs for a room change. The clerk said that the hotel was booked solid, and that I needed to come down the next day at noon for a room change. I explained that coming down at noon was impossible. I was there on business, and would be gone from early morning to early evening. The clerk sighed, and said, “Most of the better rooms are gone by then”. When I returned to the room, I noticed the “love” seat had iconic stains and returned for clean sheets. All this happened in the first five minutes.

I decided to try the pool while the room aired, but the pool had leaves and other debris littering the pool and patio area, and bird droppings covered the patio furniture. So, I decided to take a walk. There is a very small convenience store about two hundred yards from the property that sells alcohol, tobacco, and snack foods. There are some restaurants further away in all directions. Most of the major stores and chain restaurants are close, but you will want a car. Big box and grocery stores and fast food dot the frontage roads in both directions.

The staff offered me a room the second day, but it was ground level, very tiny, and looked out on the parking lot. I declined that room because it smelled and looked worse than the room I already had stayed in, and I was more comfortable keeping the windows open on the second floor at night. The kitchen was stocked OK with utensils, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, and two burner stove, but no oven. The wi fi was very slow during prime time of early/mid evening and early morning, but worked well off the peak times.

The “Grab ‘n Go” breakfast was more like “No Grab ‘n No Go”. It is typical of breakfast bars with junk food packaged as breakfast’ i.e. packaged sweet muffins, sugared oatmeal and granola bars. However, this hotel was worse than most for lack of stock and variety. The only non-sugar laden alternative is plain, instant oatmeal, and unwashed apples and oranges. Arrive as soon as the food is served because they constantly ran out of everything. I had to wait thirty minutes for coffee past breakfast opening three of the six mornings I was there. On the bright side, the morning coffee was good and served with a variety of creamers.

All in all, this hotel gets a no pass rating because it is not up to speed for business travelers and lacks the cleanliness and amenities to be comfortable, (room and facilities condition, no shampoo, soap, etc). It is dingy and run down, and better time management and higher quality standards would improve customer service. If you are on a tight budget and don’t care about comfort, this hotel is in an acceptable location for a place to crash.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the opposite side of the freeway is most quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the odor and level of cleanliness in your room is truly regrettable. I have personally brought these issues to my housekeeping and maintenance staff to better train them on our cleaning as well as inspection procedures. Also, the grab-and-go breakfast is a new feature at our hotel. It includes many different options to start your day with, and is constantly being fine tuned. As we do so, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at ANR@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park? Share your experiences!