“Anything but Deluxe” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park
Ranked #165 of 183 hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Anything but Deluxe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I booked this hotel for Friday night because of the location and their advertisement of free breakfast. It turns out they only serve breakfast on weekdays. No breakfast on weekends. I know it's cricket season in Texas but you don't usually have them inside the hotel. There were crickets in the hallway and the carpets were dirty and worn down. The hotel also does not have an ice machine. I've never been to a hotel, motel, or in without an ice machine. Especially in Texas where it gets pretty hot during the summer. We stayed at the Comfort Inn another time and it was a much better experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - Northwest - Research Park. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed at this Extended Stay America on several occassions over the last four years. On my first visit, four years ago, the hotel was nice and clean (with the exception of an odd moldy smell in the elevators). On this visit I was shocked to see how much the hotel has gone downhill. Although this is a "deluxe" Extended Stay by name, it is nowhere near deluxe in appearance. The rooms are showing extreme signs of degradation. The hallways smell very badly (not the normal food cooking in the microwave smell, but a gross molded, dirty smell), the room I have has carpet that is badly stained, has large spots where the carpet has litterally been melted by something hot, and the room was not clean. Overall, the hotel has that rundown look and feel and is not worth the price difference between it and the Extended Stay America down the road at 183 and 620. We have also stayed at that location too, as we travel between Austin and Florida once per month. I normally enjoy the pool area, but the pool hasn't been cleaned in the three days that I've been here (and there is ALOT of leaves and dirt in the bottom of it). They use to clean the pool area daily, and on this trip I have yet to see anyone cleaning anything around here (and it shows!). I will not return to this location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this review, July 20, 2012

Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Floor in room was filthy, the room smelled like a mixture of cat pee and cigs, I found water bugs the bed, the curtains were stained, there was no hot water and breakfast was not offered on weekends. They are too pet friendly, seems as if every room had a yip yapping dog! Never, ever, ever again will I stay at an Extended Stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - Northwest - Research Park. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Was not expecting much as I booked the reservation from one of those blind booking sites for a really cheap rate. However, it was fairly new and in good shape. The hotel is also dog friendly, which was important to me since the trip was last minute and couldn't secure anyone to watch my dog for me. I would be willing to stay here again for the same price. Didn't do the breakfast, so can't speak about that.
Cons: beds were pretty soft

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Came here for one night and chose it based on price and location. The hotel was fine for my needs and I enjoyed all the space even though I didn't actually need to use the kitchen area.
Pros: Spacious, moderate price, good location. Helpful front desk staff. Breakfast.
Cons: Not a great bed or bedding. Not many amenities in the bathroom. Old television.

Overall, it was fairly basic. The comfort level seemed consistent with a 2 1/2 star hotel. I got what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011 via mobile

Management...Below average
Not friendly at all. No one spoke unless spoken too first.

Cleanliness...Way below average
Black mold in the grout in the tub
Stains in the carpet
Musty smell in the rooms
Hallways smelled like smoke

Simply put, I will not be staying here EVER again!

• Stayed April 2011
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Ugh, I would not stay here again or recommend this place. (I chose it for the location and price.) The carpets and couch were so stained that I kept my shoes on and avoided sitting on the couch (or the bedspread). Everything was old, the bed was hard, the bath had stains as well, and the kitchen was missing most of its equipment (utensils, plates, glasses). The staff was fine, but I didn't interact with them much. For an extended stay hotel, the room was tiny. My first-floor room overlooked a walkway to the pool, so I had to keep my drapes closed for the entire stay. Barely tolerable for one night, much less a week or month. Note that it was CLEAN, just stained and shabby. Blame the managers/owners for poor maintenance and upkeep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park? Share your experiences!