“Great Gumbo!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Gumbo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This really is some of the better gumbo I have had in Austin. The portion size was great and the only thing I don't like about the place is the fact it's closed on Sundays. Which is good for them but bad for my Sunday gumbo cravings.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“One of the best meals we've had in ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Twice in our lives we couldn't stop eating the fish it was so good. The first time was in Galway, Ireland where they caught the salmon from the river in the back, the other time was here. The fish is amazing. FRESH, and wonderfully prepared. Wife had the trout pecan, I had the blackened trout pontchartrain, both were off the charts delicious. Both dishes were under $20 and the portions were large. You could tell our waitress Ruth meant it when she said she is proud to serve everything on the menu, and she was right. Appetizers and desserts are amazing too. BIG portions. Wish they were in Dallas!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Little Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband & I visited this little place off Interstate 35 recently and we were pleasantly surprised.
Several offerings with a Cajun twist. All of it was good. Gumbo was tasty, some specials offered. I had a steak topped with fried oysters. The oysters were unbelievably good, I could have eaten an entire plate of them. Beer and wine available. The service was efficient. The place is small, they are busy and probably need to expand. Prices were reasonable. We ate early and by the time we left, there was a crowd waiting to be seated. Have recommended to others.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, New Hampshire
“A taste of Europe in Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Opportunity to visit Austin and saw this place. Found it closed on Monday, but Tuesday it was open and well worth the second day. I did the lamb chops and they were paired with an excellent side dish. It is nice to be able to sit quietly and see the chef's prepare your meal over the divider.

Visited June 2012
j98me2
“Easy to miss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

This place is easy to miss. It is a little unassuming store front tucked into a strip mall by a Walmart. I was expecting something a little more fast foodish, but this is a really nice sit down restraunt.

Food was great, service was great and the ambiance was great.

Not cheap, dinner for two with a shared appatzer and desert was about 75. Worth every penny.

We will be eating there again for sure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere