“Even good for a non-Texan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bullock Texas State History Museum

Bullock Texas State History Museum
1800 N Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
+1 512-936-8746
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 143 Attractions in Austin
Type: History Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum that chronicles the history of Texas with three themed exhibits: Land, Identity and Opportunity.
Verdi
21 attraction reviews
“Even good for a non-Texan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This museum is laid out really well and there is much to see. Don't miss the movie with sound and movement effects. I startled at the rattle snakes which moved my seat! I still remember taking Texas History in high school and there was so much more here (even my "Yankee" husband enjoyed it!).

Visited March 2013

Dallas Tx
20 attraction reviews
“Make Sure and See an IMAX Movie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Not the first time I have been to this museum and it will not be my last! Love that the exhibits change and so do the IMAX movies. I have seen several movies and I learn something new every time. Walking through the museum is relaxing and educational.

They do have special events here. This time was the Austin Rodeo's auction. It was also very busy with school groups and visitors.

The gift shop has lots of fun and educational items and the cafeteria is very good with a variety of options!

Visited March 2013
McKinney, Texas
17 attraction reviews
“Awesome IMAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We only had a chance to visit the IMAX, so we need to return. We found street parking right at the back of the building and the area is well kept. Wish we had more time, very friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
7 attraction reviews
“Texas education”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Easy to get to, parking available, and very educational. My wife, grandkids and I have been a couple of times and have enjoyed the visits.

Visited August 2012
Illinois City, Illinois
59 attraction reviews
“Awesome tribute to Texas.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Absolutley love this museum. I walked through it and received a phenomenal understanding of the history of this grand state. WOW!!! Being a country before a state...something to be so proud of for all Texans.

The IMAX movie is good, but not am absolute necessity from a history perspective.

They recommend you have 4 hours to walk through it, but I was there from 9 am to 4 pm. They have a cafe for lunch.

Excellent!!!!