“Hmmmmm...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 34 Spas & Wellness in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Réveil is Austin’s exclusive spa sanctuary located in The Domain featuring exclusive women’s and men’s “Hammams” (Turkish steam baths), a luxurious Sanctuary Lounge and a decadent Couple’s Suite with a private tub for two.From the Spa’s skin care, massage, and hands & feet treatments to the exquisite Vichy, Hydrotherapies and Signature Rituals of healing from around the world, Spa Réveil brings an exciting selection of holistic therapies, treatment packages and spa experience designed with the utmost care for your comfort and wellness.Experience the Spa Réveil difference and discover your “Bliss” at Spa Réveil.
Austin, tx
“Hmmmmm...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am always skeptical of such negative reviews, especially when they are posted on multiple sites. Hands down, this is the best spa in Austin by far. I visit often for massage..the therapists here are amazing ( as are the facialists) and I rarely have an issue; when I do, it is always made right. Although they do require a credit card to hold an appointment here, my card has never been charged until after my service. I think what is UNREAL is your attitude and name calling. And to the lady with the long expired gift card, really?? Wow. It's probably better that you don't return, because with such negative attitudes, you may ruin an amazing experience for others.

Visited February 2014

“Frauds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Took our credit card information. Booked appointment. Didn't honor appointment. Managers won't return calls even though they are speaking to staff in front of us. Will not commit to not charge our credit card. front desk rude and condescending laughed at us and called us names to manager to our faces. UNREAL. UNPROFESSIONAL. SO MUCH RELAXATION.

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
17 attraction reviews
“Good, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have gone to Spa Reveil for years. Literally since they opened. I think the massages that Melissa gives are top notch, but I'm not happy right now with Spa Reveil. I figured I would warn people about their not so great gift card policy! Don't buy gift cards from them.

I was going through my "junk drawer" at home yesterday and I found an old gift card from Spa Reveil that my husband bought me. It was pretty old - from 2010. I called the Spa to find out if there was money left on the card and their was -$200. They told me that it was expired. I told them that in 2010 I was pregnant and had been told by their staff that the spa did not offer prenatal massage so i couldn't use the gift card until after the baby was born. Well, after the baby arrived i completely forgot about the gift card. I mean come on - thats a really good reason to forget about things!

My husband buys me a gift card from Spa Reveil every christmas. Plus I also go there occasionally and pay myself. So i am a recurring long term customer. The receptionist was nice and said that she would talk to the manager and owner of the spa about reinstating that $200 from 2010. She called me back today and told me that they will allow me to use $100 out of the expired $200 gift card. I said so you are KEEPING THE OTHER $100. They said YES!!! I told them that I will ask my husband to NEVER buy me a gift card there again, since they have bad gift card practices. They are KEEPING $100 of my money and not giving me a service for it. Their stated reason is "tax discrepancy". Really?? They are willing to lose a long term customer who has been with the spa since they opened over $100 and a "tax discrepancy".

I understand that businesses allow gift cards to expire, but i figured since i was a long term customer that had been told by them that i couldn't use the card originally (due to my pregnancy) that they would honor it. I mean they took the money, I was supposed to receive a service for it, so give me my service. But alas, they don't see it that way.

Visited January 2014
Georgetown, Texas
15 attraction reviews
“A memorable Sweet 16 spa party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had my daughter's Sweet 16 party at Spa Reveil with 3 of her girlfriends. The Spa staff was so nice to all the girls and very welcoming. The planning process went well and they kept me up to date on the scheduling for the girls - they quickly moved two of them around in the schedule when asked to do so. The Spa is on the small side compared to some others I've visited - but the atmosphere is relaxing and you forget you are in the Domain. I also had a massage during the party and Bonnie was fantastic - I'd go to her again in a heartbeat. Thanks Spa Reveil for making this birthday memorable - the girls raved about it.

Visited August 2013
Georgetown
“Loved the Vichy/ Disappointed in the Pedicure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just went to Spa Reveil with my husband for our anniversary yesterday. A bit tricky to find in the Domain. It doesn't have a shopfront as I expected. It's on the 2nd floor of the property management bldg. Once inside it is very soothing with quiet music, elegant furnishings and a beautiful fragrance. The locker room was small but well appointed with lockers, comfy robes, sandals, lotions, 2 showers, 2 restrooms, in addition to a ladies-only steam room. My first appt was the Lemongrass Mimosa Vichy Therapy. It was divine! It was like getting a warm shower (with 6 heads) on a massage table while the therapist scrubbed my skin with a fragrant lemongrass scrub. I enjoyed every minute of it. After the wonderful Vichy I was taken to a room where she applied lotion to my well-relaxed body. The website called it a "hydrating swedish massage" but it was more accurately a lotion application with a bit of massage included. Nonetheless it felt great. Just don't expect an in-depth full swedish massage. After feeling very relaxed and mellow I enjoyed their sanctuary lounge. The decor was peaceful, the coffee, tea and cold water was plentiful and the cushioned outdoor lounge chairs were reasonably comfortable. My next treatment was the 50 min Spa Pedicure. The spa chairs were the fancy automated massaging type. I turned mine off after a few minutes as it was a bit noisy for me and I couldn't get anymore relaxed than I already was. The pedicurist was friendly and attentive. She buffed, scrubbed, masked and lotioned my lower legs. She even provided me with a warm fuzzy blanket when I told her I was a bit chilly in my spa robe. She shaped and polished my nails and sent me back to the lounge to rest for 15 minutes to allow my nails to dry. Overall the pedicure was good, but nothing to write home about. I was hoping for more of a foot massage (preferably with hot stones) like I get in my local nail salon (for half the price). The pedicure was adequate, just not amazing. After lounging for a few minutes I went back to the locker room to change and get ready to head home when I noticed that my pedicure had dried with a wrinkled look. Not sure why, but I'm guessing it didn't dry well between each layer of polish. When I brought it up to the pedicurist she was apologetic and immediately offered to remove the polish and repaint them after she was done with her current pedicure or I could come back the next day and she would redo it then. I was in a hurry to leave (as my husband was done) and I do not live nearby so it wasn't practical to come back the next day. So I spoke with the front desk person hoping to resolve the issue and all she did was offer me 20% off the pedicure. To say the least I was a bit disappointed. I would have expected the customer service at such a high end spa to be much more accommodating. So while I happily paid the $120 for my vichy experience, I was not happy with paying the $52 for a pedicure that I would have to go home and repaint myself. Not exactly the happy ending that I was hoping for my Anniversary Day at the spa. So take it or leave it - I loved the Vichy experience, but the pedicure and the front desk customer service left a little bit to be desired.

Visited August 2013