“Not sure why” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
TRIO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 3,153 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cesar Chavez
Description: Downtown Austin's neighborhood steakhouse, TRIO at Four Seasons offers a contemporary menu — centered around steak, seafood and carefully chosen wines — in a stylish setting that's both scenic and sophisticated. Sit down in our sleek dining room for a prime dry-aged steak dinner and one of 250 wines by the bottle, or relax and enjoy the view from our outdoor terrace overlooking the natural beauty of Austin's Lady Bird Lake. No matter where you sit, expertly prepared entrées, side dishes, appetizers and desserts ensure a fresh, delicious dining experience that incorporates the best local and seasonal ingredients. Monday through Saturday from 5-7 pm, pull up a chair at TRIO's wine bar for "Austin's Best Happy Hour" (according to the Austin Chronicle and Austin Monthly), featuring $5 appetizers and half-off wines by the glass. On Sundays, TRIO's Brunch buffet is renowned for its quality and variety with more than 80 items and bottomless mimosas and champagne.
Houston, Texas
“Not sure why”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Were staying at the hotel and after the UT game headed back to the hotel. Maybe because it was 9:45 and they were trying to get out of there BUT can't say I was blown away by the service. The place was basically empty and I asked what time they stopped serving and one of the waiters said 11 so thought we were fine. Once we sat at the bar, the person behind the bar said they had already stopped serving. I asked him to double check. He went to kitchen, returned and said he was mistaken and that it was 11 after all. Ok. So, we looked at the menu and I asked him how he felt about the tiger shrimp. He said it was "fantastic". I asked him how it was prepared. He then proceeded to tell me that he had never actually HAD it but thought it was good. Ok. So we just ordered that along with the scallops and crab cake. Again, maybe it's just because they were trying to get out of there BUT they might have been better off just saying they were not serving food any longer. The crab cake was VERY toasty on the bottom...border line burned. The scallops were cold. The tiger shrimp was over cooked. I do think the flavors were there on each dish but the manner in which they were served made it hard to really get a sense of what the dish served properly would be like. Anyway, would like to give it another chance.....maybe earlier than 10 is the key!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
fsaustin, Manager at TRIO Restaurant, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your disappointment with your recent visit to TRIO. We pride ourselves on providing all of our valued guests, whether staying in-house with us or not, an exceptional dining experience. Unfortunately, it sounds like yours was exceptional but for all the wrong reasons.
While I'd like to chalk-up the confusion on our hours of operation to "Longhorn Fever" the fact is that we came off looking foolish. Our staff also knows better than to say something is fantastic when they've not tried the actual dish and you have my assurance that I will follow-up with them on that issue as well as the poor quality of the items you were served.
I was pleased to read that you're considering joining us again, despite our missteps, and hope that you'll reach out to me beforehand so I can present the crab cake, shrimp and scallops the way our chef intended for you to enjoy them. My contact information is listed below so please don't hesitate to call or email if you'd like to take me up on this offer.
Ann, thank you again for your feedback. We're certainly capable of doing much better and I look forward to showing you that firsthand on your next visit to TRIO.
Best regards,
Jeff Haber, General Manager
TRIO at Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Tel: 512.685.8305
jeff.haber@fourseasons.com

The Colony
“Scallops....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

What great service. We made a reservation, everyone knew our names. The food was awesome, even got a recipe sent to me. They will even time your food if you'd like to walk down and see the bats fly.

Visited September 2012
Mallorca
“Thoroughly enjoyable old school Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ate Sunday brunch at the Four Seasons' Trio Restaurant. All you can eat buffet for about $55. Fantastic selection, all made with top quality ingredients. Helpful staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Recommended.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice and not pretentious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at Trio. What we liked the most was that it was upscale but never felt pretentious. Our waitress Aubrey and the sommelier were very helpful and knowledgeable. The food was very good - not great - but the overall experience was definitely worthy of four stars.

Visited July 2012
fsaustin, General Manager at TRIO Restaurant, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Suzanidoo,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience in TRIO. Jeff Haber, the manager of TRIO, often says he and his staff strive to offer "fine dining without the attitude," so I'm pleased to hear this came through during your visit.
I was, however, disappointed to hear that you felt the food was good, but not great. If there is something in particular you would have changed, I'd love to hear about it. Such feedback only makes us better, and will ensure our next guest (and hopefully you as well if you visit again) leaves feeling as if the experience was nothing less than extraordinary. Please don't hesitate to email me at rob.hagelberg@fourseasons.com if you have any specific comments you'd like to share.
Rob Hagelberg, General Manager
Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Manor, Texas
“Very good food, professional service from Claire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Red snapper artfully seasoned, not a drop of grease. New York strip tender and accompanied by several in-house made sauces -- creme frache with mustard the best. Sides of shitaki mushrooms, rosemary potato fries and truffle Mac n cheese decadently delicious. Popover rolls don't look like much but are wonderful tasting with nice texture. Seafood sampler starter had tiny oysters, huge shrimp and a tangy ceviche. We ended with an in-house made ice cream served in three small bowls. The salted Carmel flavor was great, along with the chocolate and coffee ice creams. Service attentive and extremely knowledgeable about the dishes. Nice little tribute dessert plate served in honor of our anniversary. Nice touch.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to TRIO Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage TRIO Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.