“Loved the breakfasts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of urban an american grill

urban an american grill
11301 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758
+1 512-490-1511
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
urban an american grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #404 of 2,938 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Esperanza
Description: Urban an American Grill, is located in the Westin Austin at the Domain and serves comfort food reinvented with local ingredients. The menu is inspired by the flavors and spirits of Texas with our take on comforting American dishes like veal and kobe meatloaf, brisket mac and cheese, shrimp and avocado, and our delicious Kobe Burger. Other inspired dishes include an espresso crusted Berkshire Pork Chop, Pan seared Bay Scallops with white cheddar grits, and mussels steamed in Shiner beer. In addition to our welcoming dining room, guests can experience our friendly service and outstanding value in our private wine room, or outside on either of our two patios.....Comfort Food, reinvented.
Chicago
“Loved the breakfasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

A very nice breakfast buffet, improved by the offer of freshly made waffles, omelettes and pancakes. The full and plentiful buffet included cereals, oatmeal, fruits, yogurts, breads, and eggs, potatoes, breakfast meats, and other items. And service was friendly, efficient, and pleasant.

Visited December 2012

The Woodlands, Texas
“Huge Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I hate to post negative reviews, especially when the service was terrific. But, the bottom line is, only 1 out of 6 diners completely enjoyed their meals.

The major problem: the oil used to fry the chicken, french fries, and to sautee other sides was OLD. I took a bite of the greens that were served with my sister's chicken and waffles, and I had to spit them out. I read a review written by someone else who mentioned the disgusting taste of the oil.

I'm just appalled that the staff didn't taste any of that food before serving it. After having thoroughly enjoyed breakfast here the prior year, we were simply shocked. One guest noted that McDonalds has such strict rules about changing their oil - there really is no excuse for a restaurant like Urban to cook in OLD DIRTY OIL.

I, myself, ordered the ribeye and it, too, disappointed. Temperature was perfect, but it was underseasoned.

The service was fantastic, and the only reason for 2 stars. Amby was excellent.

Visited July 2012
Panama City, Panama
“PRICEY BUT EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Urban closes rather late at night and is therefore perfect for anyone arriving at the end of the day. The restaurant offers primarily Southwestern fare. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
“Soured on Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I went here with my wife and another couple. The ambiance was excellent and the menu selection was impressive for a hotel restaurant. I ordered the peach glazed pork chops which were as expected however the cheese empenada that came with it was cold - freezer cold. I told the waitress and she acted mildly apologetic and said she would let the cook know. Nothing more was said and I cook see the kitchen and cook the entire time. For this, I will not be returning.

Austin, Texas
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very creative and delicious menu. Leave room for dessert! I rarely try a hotel restaurant, but I checked out the menu and the ambiance and could not resist. It was not the crazy Friday night noisy place we all suffer through for dinner out on the weekends. Great Service and food.

Visited May 2012