“Laid back luxury” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Laid back luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had the best experience during my weekend at Travaasa Austin. The staff were amazing. Everything I asked of them, the answer was always, "Of course. No problem." They went above and beyond to make sure you were happy, relaxed and got everything you wanted. The daily activities were professional, varied and lots of fun. It did yoga, a hike, watercolor, zumba, journaling and crafts, and there were lots more options. The people staying at Travaasa were so nice and laid back too - no fuss kind of place. I loved it so much that I booked my next stay when I checked out.

Room Tip: I think the rooms closest to the pool/spa/restaurant are most convenient.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Permanenthoneymoon,
Love your screen name! Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. We are so happy that you had a great time and that the team achieved their goal of helping you have a great time. I look forward to seeing you here again during your next stay,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I spent a three day weekend at Travaasa as a gift for Mother's Day weekend with an old friend. I not only enjoyed visiting with my long time friend but felt that I was surrounded by long time friends as I have never been to a resort before (and I am well travelled) where I have received such impeccable service and care. Interestingly not only did not only every member of the staff seem highly invested in making every moment of my stay a perfect moment but there was the general sense at Travassa that the employees took great pride in the fact that they were part of the Travaasa Team. They all seemed very proud and happy to work there and therefore wanted my stay to be the most amazing it could be. They succeeded!!
In terms of the facility itself it was so beautiful and the design concept so original. The resort was situated in rolling hills of trees with not another building off property within sight in any direction so that you felt that you were in the middle of nowhere. The architecture was sleek and tasteful but built in natural or wood colors not to detract from the amazingly gorgeous natural foliage and well kept grounds making me feel like a tree fairy as I walked the paths.
However I moment I entered any of the buildings whether it be the restaurant, the spa or the guest rooms it was pure luxury. They even had blankets in the restaurant to put over your legs if you were chilly. At one point my back was bothering me at dinner and one of the waiters found a pillow to support my back! I felt genuinely cared for. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have been in. All decor was to the utmost taste and beauty. Everything was decorated beautifully but designed with the intention of luxurious comfort.
There were plenty of amazing activities, both creative and athletic and some completely original to the resort to partake in or a beautiful pool to sit by if you just wanted to relax. Travasaasa is a gem of a hotel run by a special group of people. It was a unique experience I hope to return to again in the future. I can't recommend it enough and hope you have the opportunity to experience Travassa yourself.
 Go to http://hidingoutasahousewife.com/overcoming-the-challenge-course-3/ for a great story about adventures to be experienced at Travaasa. AKG

AmyKate G,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. I am glad you had such a great time and really enjoyed meeting you. The team will be very happy to hear that they succeeded in making your mother's day weekend so wonderful and I hope you return again to visit us again soon,
All the best to you and your travels,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We checked in for a long weekend as a girls getaway and the staff was amazing! The rooms were extremely nice and comfortable!

The food was incredible, healthy, and changed every day! I am Gluten and Dairy free and the staff didn't flinch- they were so accommodating! I showed up for breakfast and the new server knew that I needed almond milk for my coffee from our server last night. That was impressive!

We took full advantage of the classes and they were fun. So many great adventures were available without an additional fee. Wall climbing and the challenge course with the zip line were my favorite. I do wish they offered this more because we signed up early to get in and some of our friends that came later didn't get to participate b/c it was only offered twice a day with very limited spots. (Note: sign up for your classes early- I believe you can sign up for some things before you even check in)

The Spa credits were more than enough to cover the things we wanted and they were great. (I didn't use 100% of the credits and didn't feel like I missed out) I loved that they were purely relaxing and the staff showed you what they used but no pressure to purchase.

My ONLY complaint is that they are a little short staffed. (Maybe b/c it wasn't to full capacity, but they could use some help by the pool for drinks.) Drink service was slow - I mean VERY slow- but couldn't complain b/c the view was great and we just continued to relax.

I would also skip the wine tasting. Wines were okay, and only a taste of 4. (And just a taste, no refills on the ones you liked) They do not have a sommelier. It was just a server with little knowledge outside the script of the wines he provided.

The staff was all very polite and I would highly recommend Travaasa for a couples retreat, girl friend weekend, or a small staff building retreat.

Room Tip: Go for the view. It is a little extra, but our view was over the tree line and gorgeous! If you do...
TarynK,
We are honored that you joined us for your girls getaway and are happy that you all had a great time. I am glad you enjoyed so many of our classes, but am disappointed that you were disappointed in the wine tasting class. We have an amazing Sommelier who just happened to be on vacation the weekend you were here, and I guess his replacement needs some more education before we use him to fill in again. I see you're from Chicago, but if you're ever in Austin again, please come out and join a class on us.
All the best to you,
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Travaasa venue was fantastic for a corporate group of 45 people! The grounds created wonderful spaces for informal discussions and working groups, and the accommodations were fantastic. We hosted our meeting in the Lone Star room, which boasts lots of natural light, high ceilings, a great AV system, and a set-up for breaks & meals that helped our meeting flow flawlessly. The food was fresh and delicious -- our participants were very pleased with all of the meals.

The staff at Travaasa is perhaps the best part of the venue. Everyone is very friendly, helpful, and accessible when you need them. As the logistics lead for our meeting, the staff made my job easy with their quick responses to requests & friendly service.

Travaasa is definitely on our list for future meetings if we're back in the Austin area!

Room Tip: The views from the top floor can't be beat!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EmilyLoose,
Thanks so much for your high praise. We aim to provide an easy, fun and flawless experience for our group leaders so that you can relax and enjoy the retreat without worrying about the logistics. I am so glad to hear that you'll be back for another meeting if you're back in the area.
All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My Travaasa experience was the most amazing ever! They literally thought of everything! The cabins- perfect, the grounds- lovely, the food- to die for!!! Fresh garden vegetables! Gluten free selections!!! Every person that works there treated me with care. I never "wanted" for a single thing. All the massages / spa treatments were professionally done with care and detail. Very special! I highly recommend the Thai Massage! Yoga was open air and was just so serene and lovely. This is such a wonderful amazing place, the staff TOP NOTCH! I am seriously considering trying the Hawaii location as well! The trip was worth every cent!

• Stayed May 2013
Cskemp,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. We are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that you were delighted with all of our services, classes, accommodations and food. But, what makes me personally happy, is hearing about how much you enjoyed the team. We get a lot of pleasure by providing great service and are really glad when someone has such a great time. I do hope you decide to try out our Hana property as you will find the same aloha spirit there. That being said, I hope that you return to us in Austin again soon,
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Management and staff at Travaasa Austin understand and execute the subtlest but most important details necessary to make brief visits into meaningful experiences.

Our three day stay was magic.

The Equine Experience is intriguing, even if you have never been close to a horse in your life.

Spa services are extensive and should please even these most jaded spa fanatics.

Chef Baker and his accomplished kitchen staff produce a variety of pleasing dishes - almost perfect farm to table cuisine (give another year to their on property organic garden and the selection will be almost endless).

Sommelier Edward Morgan continues to curate and extensive collection of boutique wines and craft beers - which should tempt and please most visitors.

The morning trail ride was pleasant and entertaining thanks to a 'wranger' using his iPhone to send photos back to our email account - the trail is still being extended and the rides will become more interesting as the work is finished.

Fully explore all of the experience included in your basic room rate and take advantage of the. There are several excellent packages available from on-line travel sellers - shop around.

We were disappointment only in having to leave so many wonderful new friends back in paradise as we headed home.

We'll be back (a promise not a threat) and we'll find time to attack the Prickly Pear Challenge Course!

Room Tip: Some rooms are still be renovated - be sure to request (strongly) that you receive one of these...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
omegaet,
So glad to hear that your three day stay at Travaasa was magic! It sounds like you had a great mix of relaxation and activity. We're so happy that you'll be back to take the Prickly Pear challenge.
All the best,
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After tax season was over (I'm a CPA) I needed to get away and be pampered. This was just the spot. The views are exceptional, the accomadations very nice, the staff was amazing and the food was excellant. We had originally book a single queen room and found that it was way to small for us to spend three days, so they moved us to a room with two queen beds and it was just right. The rooms are very nice and they are in the process of remodeling them. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food is Austin Cuisine and a lot of the vegetables were grown on their own farm at the foot of the hill. Great views of Hill Country. The spa and staff are wonderful and friendly. We plan on going back.

Room Tip: Single queen rooms are very small.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Ronald B,
Glad we were a haven for you after tax season! We are pleased that you felt pampered and that you found everyone friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our fresh cuisine. We do hope that you return again soon, hopefully before the end of the next tax season.
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!